Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not another stretched pacer question.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not another stretched pacer question.....

Good evening everyone,

I'm stretching a pacer fuselage......I'd like to find out the recommended place to cut and rebuild a new tail to my desired length( looking to add 24"). By the searching I've done I see the possible places to cut are directly after the baggage compartment....if anyone has any close up pics of the new attach points I'd sure like to see them..........any pertinent info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not another stretched pacer question.....

Hi,

cappt posted some very interesting reading by Blanton and his V6 STOL in post #24 at http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...ger-conversion Might be some about where you're headed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim, I'll take a look!

Post Thanks / Like

Search Super Pacer (Bushmaster) I posted a series of pictures in March that shows where the splice in the fuselage is done. Yes, it is aft of the baggage compartment. Bushmaster calls for 22.5 inches although, I've read about people adding up to 30 inches. Are you lengthening the wings?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen,

I will be building 63" cord 35' D&E Riblett wings. As far as the fuselage extension, I'm still learning the numbers on determining how to add what and where. I THINK I'm going to change the AOI a few degrees, still not sure though.
    I'm being very cautious and trying to gather all the information I can to eliminate me going into demo mode on the fuselage and really screwing something up!
    I'll check out those pics you posted.....thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

This will be a fantastic airplane. How will you build your ribs?

You would benefit from a set of Bushmaster drawings as a guide. Check out our thread "Looking for Bushmaster drawings" you can get a CD with most of the drawings.

Post Thanks / Like

The ribs are hydroformed by D&E. Being this is a E/AB build I'm very interested in learning all available options. I'll definitely look for that CD. I have no problem taking guidance and learning from y'all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Txtaildragger View Post
    The ribs are hydroformed by D&E. Being this is a E/AB build I'm very interested in learning all available options. I'll definitely look for that CD. I have no problem taking guidance and learning from y'all!
    Post some pictures so others can see how you are doing your project.

Curt has CD's and is only asking for a donation to this site. Also, Steve P will post the drawings here for members. I think the CD will be high resolution for large format printing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll get some pics up today. Not much to show yet but just the fuselage and other parts scattered all over the shop!

Post Thanks / Like

Since my computer skills are lacking for putting current project pictures on the thread I have a wing question.........Is wing loading the determining factor for choosing the total wing length.........or is it just that darn hangar door width?