Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Sierra

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: High Sierra

These two friends of mine were at Monticello last night. Husband and wife L21 Italian Super Cubs.
    34273.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Juergen great job, just watched your Cedar Mountain video on youtube. Looks like you are having fun! Keep the videos coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool spot and a short hop to my favorite camping spot, Mexican Mountain and good fuel stop and showers at Huntington Airport 69V.

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted the Mexican Mountain video. I went there yesterday after Cedar Mountain. Landed at Happy Canyon and Hidden Splendor today. Videos will come soon.
    I met your friends at Hidden Splendor. They flew one of their Italian Cubs in there. He did a great job. I got it on video. Maybe I mail you a CD after I’m back home and you can get it to him.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome, he is a great stick. Former F117 driver, you would never know it by talking to him. We fly together most Sundays on the river. She did all the fabric, paint and upholstery on his Cub. Glad you got to meet them. Wish I was there having fun as well

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, your friends were also at Mexican Mountain. I didn’t talk to them then. You may see a glimpse of their cub in my video as I’m doing a buss (Or is it buz?. English second language ��) job.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    Last edited by Pacer42Z; 10-15-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Buzz job. ��

That was them on the other end. I know several of those Cessna 180 guys from Texas as well.

Great video, as my son said as we were flying through there in my Cub when I asked him if he was taking pictures, "Dad, pictures won't do it justice". He was so right. One of my all time favorite places to fly and quote.

Post Thanks / Like

great stuff Juergen, throw some location identifiers or coordinates in the comments so us flatlanders can follow on skyvector...
    Donn
    1949 Clipper PA-16 O-235

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue44 View Post
    great stuff Juergen, throw some location identifiers or coordinates in the comments so us flatlanders can follow on skyvector...
    Don, if you go on the Utah Backcountry Pilots Website, there is a Map with all the airstrips on them. Click on the dots and you will get to the information page for the strip https://utahbackcountrypilots.org/airports/map . It was very helpful for me. I printed them out to have the reference with me. I landed at Cedar Mountain, Mexico Mountain, Happy Canyon and Hidden Splendor. All of the trips are on my YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwQ...ihpE0zmvmbUGgg

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: High Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Buzz job. ��

That was them on the other end. I know several of those Cessna 180 guys from Texas as well.

Great video, as my son said as we were flying through there in my Cub when I asked him if he was taking pictures, "Dad, pictures won't do it justice". He was so right. One of my all time favorite places to fly and quote.
    Steve, thanks for the English lesson. I posted Hidden Splendor today. I have your friend's approach in the video, I hope he doesn't mind. He did a much better job than I did.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z