Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Piper PA-16 for Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piper PA-16 for Sale

Hello All,
    Awhile back (about two years ago), I posted an ad for my PA-16 project. It was a very complete and totally disassembled project that had a very interesting history. It was the west coast demonstrator Clipper and was also featured in a 1949 issue of Skyways, with great photos as well as the cover photo. The project was sold to an A&P and pro-pilot with significant rag/tube experience. He got right to work on it and and worked steady over these last couple years, as his career would allow. His vision for the project was the same as mine: factory stock as much as possible with the exception of 2 wing tanks in preparation for a possible 150HP engine swap. All logs are there from day one and the paperwork is complete. Currently its almost all done. It just needs a windshield and a headliner. His new job situation has left him with zero time and the need to sell the aircraft. SB 819 has been complied with, as the plane was stripped bare when he took delivery of it. The O-235 is currently mounted and running well. I'm posting this ad for him, as we have become friends and his current situation has made getting on here difficult. His contact info is here: https://www.barnstormers.com/classif...6+Clipper.html
    He is also selling his turn key, flying Cessna 140, but don't tell him I told you!

Here are some pics:

image1.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage2.jpgimage5.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Piper PA-16 for Sale

Here is the plane in 1949, soon after its delivery flight to the west coast and doing its duty as the west coast demonstrator Clipper. Featured in the July 1949 Skyways magazine. It was on the cover too.

image (4).jpgimage (3) (1).jpgimage (2) (1).jpgimage (1) (1).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So why doesn't AKJurnee advertise his own Clipper? Is the $25 membership too much? He told me he bought a J3. Looks very nice, I think he will regret selling it.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 03-08-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,
    He asked me to do it as a favor so I said sure. Don't know about his membership status.
    Likewise, I think he'll feel the sting of selling it at some point too! I should buy it back but I have a Vagabond project now and that is a whole other thing.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I didn't realize you had owned it previously.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....then the gods of house repair forced me to sell it.
    Now I have a Vagabond project....super complete and original, that needs a fuselage (its there and very straight, unbent, but very corroded). Just got it back on the registry after a many decade hiatus.