Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Raven (Avid clone)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raven (Avid clone)

Saw a tri-pacer on trailer headed to parts land yesterday. Reminded me how long since on this site. I traded my RARE Piper Colt taildragger last year for an EAB Raven I could fold the wings back and trailer from Alaska to Arizona. Family emergency forced trade. It will do most of the things my Colt could do but is not near the low-hour excellent bird my Colt was. Colt was TT 1600, 1961. Raven is TT 340, 1996. Subaru power. Seeing the Tri headed down seemed a crime to me. Headed to Kenny Lake Alaska to be sold for parts. Got me thinking of all the learning I got done on this site to make my Colt as near perfect as I could. Got Scott 3200 parts from Steve through ABI in Alaska. Big improvement over the solid rubber Maule. The Colt lives in Fairbanks now. I will fly my Raven next Oct near Bullhead City in Az. Still enjoy this site. Cheers
    Last edited by PaalJP; 05-12-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Raven (Avid clone)

Quote Originally Posted by PaalJP View Post
    Saw a tri-pacer on trailer headed to parts land yesterday. Reminded me how long since on this site. I traded my RARE Piper Colt taildragger last year for an EAB Raven I could fold the wings back and trailer from Alaska to Arizona. Family emergency forced trade. It will do most of the things my Colt could do but is not near the low-hour excellent bird my Colt was. Colt was TT 1600, 1961. Raven is TT 340, 1996. Subaru power. Seeing the Tri headed down seemed a crime to me. Headed to Kenny Lake Alaska to be sold for parts. Got me thinking of all the learning I got done on this site to make my Colt as near perfect as I could. Got Scott 3200 parts from Steve through ABI in Alaska. Big improvement over the solid rubber Maule. The Colt lives in Fairbanks now. I will fly my Raven next Oct near Bullhead City in Az. Still enjoy this site. Cheers
    Post some pictures of your Raven.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Dad and I were talking about the cost to recover/restore and the number of Short Wings being parted out just yesterday. I agree, very sad. Glad you are still flying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Post some pictures of your Raven.
    No pix till Oct when I return to Az. Bought a hanger @ Eagle airstrip 5 miles into Az from Needles, Ca. Raven is there while I try to clean up Alaska property of 43 years worth of stuff. You could put a Raven, Kitfox, or Avid side by side and think you were looking at the same bird. Sooo close. The wings unpin and swing back to trailer. I have #128 of 340 sets of plans for a Raven. Not too many out there. Another fellow at Eagle has an Avid with Subaru power. I cannot wait to snowbird back to Az this Autumn to get back in the air.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    My Dad and I were talking about the cost to recover/restore and the number of Short Wings being parted out just yesterday. I agree, very sad. Glad you are still flying.
    Hate to admit, Have not flown since July 2016. Took a YEAR to get annual done on my shortwing due to footdragging by mechanic. Traded just after. New owner has a REAL nice Colt. I am sure I will make the best of this Raven. It is a side by side and taildragger. much like my Colt. Can hardly wait to get back to AZ. Maybe this time I will make it to Texas, say hello.