Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2018 group parking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oshkosh 2018 group parking?

Jim,

I appreciate the info. EAA website had info on it that was a bit confusing about being eligible for judging and a couple of other things. I'll make a play for Vintage this year (get in early enough, hopefully won't be sent off into the south 40.) Looking forward to meeting other Shortwing pilots and their planes this year. N5731D is hard to miss.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are getting everything together to depart for Oshkosh this weekend. We should be somewhere in the area of Theater in the Woods around the Pasadena Rose Tri-Pacer in my Dad's Red Clipper and my brother's yellow Clipper. Looking forward to some cooler air than what we have been having in Texas. We also have a Short Wing Seminar scheduled for 2:30 on Wednesday July the 25th at Workshop Classroom B. Details posted here. https://www.eaa.org/airventure/event...C545536D242E6D
    https://goo.gl/maps/NXiSEaYu5HB2
    EAA has an application you can download on your phone with maps, schedules and lots of other useful information. Look for it in your app store and it is free. Looking forward to a week of airplanes and airplane people.

Post Thanks / Like

To those traveling to AirVenture, remember to download and print the 2018 AirVenture Notam before departing. The 2018 Notam is 32 pages in length, same as last year. However, 27 pages have changes when compared to the 2017 version. I attended a presentation by Fred Stadler at the EAA Chp 252 monthly meeting last Thursday where he reviewed the Notam. Additionally, for anyone planning to use VOR navigation from the south, be aware the BURBUN and TIMMERMAN VORs are both being permanently de-commissioned on Friday July 19.

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org

Post Thanks / Like

JCMA, I've done that a few times. I rented a cargo van and used it like a tent. Also served as transportation. it worked out well the year it rained buckets of water, and blew Port a Potties over. One of the regular air mattress will fit, with space around for your stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So far the weather out of Erie is looking rough for the week....may have to plan B and drive up. Still looking forward to meeting up.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I’m just across the street from KARR, in the west suburbs of Chicago. The weather has been bi-polar all day. Sunny for 30 then raining for 30. Rinse and repeat. This low is nasty stuff. Everyone be careful !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Dad and I are in spots 2 and 3 from the East end of Row E 68. Right next to the runway. Should be close to the Hanger Cafe. Left Texas yesterday. We are headed up from Memphis this morning.
    IMG_20180720_081756.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck. Hope the wx holds for you Steve. We’re watching it pretty close from Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Planning on heading out Wed. again in a RV8. Camp in rear of homebuilt area. There is a lot to be said about being in a IFR plane that can get to 15K, auto pilot and burn 6 an hour at 160 kts. I would never give up my short wing but just saying. Hopefully I will get there in time for Steve's forum.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Frank has a point. Made the wx decision yesterday. Jumped in the truck and just arrived.