Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagabond build

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wagabond build

Impressive work. Thanks for sharing.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment. I made the steel brackets for the seats, and the aileron pulleys at the vertical door post. I got the lower aileron pulley aligned and started welding it in, when I ran out of time today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Got a lot of progress done this week. I got the plates welded for the master switch and cabin heat. I made the brackets for the aileron pulleys at the front door posts middle and top and at the rear spar. I got everything welded in and the fairlead holders at the rear spars. I made the seat rail guides and welded the center seat pin holders. I also got the rear side of the elevator push pull tube made and welded. I added the front door tubes on the left and right side fuselage.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the rest of photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todd2391 View Post
    Here are the rest of photos.
    That last photo shows some really great welding. A lot of time and effort went into that. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment, its good to know people are looking at these postings. Here is the update over the last 2 weeks. I got the bracket and tube for the elevator bell crank in along with the elevator pulley brackets going back to mid fuselage. I got the seats set in and made and welded in all the brackets. The fairlead mounts for the aileron cables were welded in. I turned down the threaded insert for the push pull tube for the control column, which I will weld in once I get the tail feathers set on the fuselage. I got the seat belt brackets welded in along with the plates for the seat releases. I made all the bushings for the elevator and aileron pulleys.

Post Thanks / Like

here are the rest of pics

Post Thanks / Like

So here is my first major mistake on the fuselage. I made the seat rails in the picture about 1 1/4 inch too short, which wouldn't allow them to be released by slide rails on the front by the locking pin. So I did not feel like making all four of the rear seat rails again as they were a pain to get right. So I trimmed the front slide rails on the seat frames down 1 1/4, which makes me loose the last pin hole on the bottom of the seat frame. Since I don't think I will ever sit that close to the instrument panel anyway, I figured this was the easiest solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned all the welded areas up to this point and epoxy primed them. I then cut out all the steel parts for the rudder bar and jigged the rudder bar up, tacked and welded it together. I formed and welded on all the reinforcements on the rudder bar and cut out the spacers and bent up the clamps. I also made the left and right handles for the seat pin releases. I test fit the rudder bar on the fuselage and will weld in the last guide that rides on the the left side clamp. I cut out all the floorboard tabs and managed to get the first 3 bays welded into place. The rudder was a lot of welding and took longer than I expected.

Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the pics.