Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagabond build

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wagabond build

Thanks. I look forward to get it covered though!

Post Thanks / Like

So I have a quick question on the aileron pulleys in the wing at the rear spar. Which aileron cable connects all the way thru to the other aileron, and which connects to the control yoke cable at center upper fuselage tube, top or bottom pulley? The plans do not show it to clearly and I want to make sure before I make fairlead holders and pulleys. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

The real question is are you using sticks or yolks? If it is the stick the cable runs from the control column (stick) out the side of the fuselage and up the strut and connects to the lower aileron control horn and the upper enters the wing, goes around the pully and along the aft face of the rear spar. The balance cable connects in the center of the fuselage. If you are using a different control system than designed, you are kind of on your own.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using control yoke, same set up as colt or tri pacer. Aileron cables in the wings.

Post Thanks / Like

The rear cable goes to the lower control horn and that is the balance cable. The upper or forward pulley goes to the cabin then down to the control column.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Just about to finish up the left wing tonight. I was having a real hard time getting the fuel tank to sit right with out touching something. So the question for everyone is: Do the tank straps on top where they bolt together have to tighten all the way down to where the welded bushings touch? I have it very tight and I have a 5/8 inch gap.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s normal. It can be a real PITA.

Post Thanks / Like

PITA is an understatement to say the least. At least I'm not alone. Thanks for the response.

Post Thanks / Like

Well after a long fight with the fuel tank the left wing is done. I finished up by making the aileron pulley brackets, false spar support brackets, nav light housing, fairlead brackets for aileron cables, fitting the end leading edge cover, and the fitting of the fuel tank cover. Once everything was done, I removed it all, cleaned it all up, and epoxy primed it all. I then glued the felt to the tank straps and got the fuel tank in and installed all the other pieces. I then transported the wing to the hangar to make room in the shop for the next one.
    Attached Images Attached Images