Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wagabond build

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wagabond build

Post Thanks / Like

yeah same result, I try to attach photos to thread it shows it up loading and the waiting for short wing pipers message appears and nothing happens and all my previous attachment photos on the manager have disappeared. I also tried chrome and internet explorer

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I figured out the size of my pics was to big to upload so I resized them and it works now. As far as progress goes I finished welded the front and rear plates for the engine mounting plates on sta 1. I also welded on the bushing and washers for the firewall connect, so station 1 is complete. I also completed the right side fuse frame, tacking all cross members to the top and bottom longerons. I then started notching the cross tubes from station 2 to station 4 on one side, next will be to jig the sides vertical.

So the question is: where the 5/8 tubes go from the front wing spar at a angle to the top of station 1 (the firewall), how do they meet with the 3/4 inch londerons? Is it like the bottom of the fuselage where it is a slip fit? The plans do not show clearly. Or if some can post pic for me of this joint close up. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I squared and leveled the sides of the fuselage and cut, notched, and tack welded all the cross members from station 2 (front gear fitting) to station 5 (rear behind baggage area).

Looking forward I have 2 more questions: Does anyone know the size of the steel fitting on the bottom of the fuselage that the control tee mounts too. These are the 2 U brackets that the bolts go through the bearings in the lower part of the control tee.

Also the pushrod from the control tee to the bell crank. What is the front bearing part number and where can I get one?, and what is the tube diameter?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can measure one on a wrecked fuselage I have. Are those fittings on the SWPC Drawing CD? So you are going to install yokes instead of sticks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todd2391 View Post
    Looking forward I have 2 more questions: Does anyone know the size of the steel fitting on the bottom of the fuselage that the control tee mounts too. These are the 2 U brackets that the bolts go through the bearings in the lower part of the control tee.

Also the pushrod from the control tee to the bell crank. What is the front bearing part number and where can I get one?, and what is the tube diameter?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
    My Wagabond has sticks installed. Let me know if any measurements or pictures of my controls would help.

Tom P.
    N476PW @ 08A
    Last edited by 6PapaWhiskey; 08-31-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,
    Not to get off subject, but FWIW. I found that when building a jig to hold tubing and such. If you cut short pieces (1"+-)of large wood dowel (1") or so then drill a screw hole off center it will act as a cam and it makes it easy to install/remove and tighten the parts/tubing just by loosening the screw.. Anyway that is what I did for cap strip wing ribs and steel tube jigs.

Nice work by the way
    Last edited by wyandot jim; 08-31-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am installing yokes instead of sticks. I am actually building a colt fuselage, I am going off the SWPD plans. The plans show the number for the control push rod as 12508 but does not give dimensions or the rod end bearing number.

The bracket for the mounting of the control tee to fuselage is given number 12488, this I can not find a thickness of the metal, which is what I am also looking for.

And it does not show the joint at the front wing attach, what I looking for is how the 5/8 tube diagonal goes to the 3/4 top longeron, I was wondering if it slip fit in the 3/4 tube like it does on the bottom longeron or butts up against it.

Yes I have used the round dowls for holding parts in past building projects, especially for making wood ribs.

Thanks for the comments and the ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Also if you guys could post picture of the joint at the front wing spar if you have it from wreaked fuse or building project that would help greatly. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I finished cutting, notching, and tack welding in the cross tubes to the rear of the fuselage (station . I then started cutting and fitting the diagonal tubes on the bottom from station 2 (the front gear attach) to station 5 (behind the seats), I got these tack welded in and checked the level and square of the fuselage along the way. Progress has been pretty good!