Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one in CT?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any one in CT?

Just getting back into flying after an 18-year hiatus (licensed in 1997, stopped flying in September 1999 due to kids & career) this past June (201. A few hours of dual to knock the rust off followed by a BFR and a few checkout rides and I can now rent a 172M (DXR) and a couple of Warriors (4B8 and MMK). Joined a club (becomes official this week) that will get me in an Archer and 172P (shared between 4B8 and MMK) and looking to checkout on a 152 (DXR) soon for something fun to fart about in. Anyone in here with a Tri-Pacer in CT (or close by NY, MA, RI)? I've loved them for years but have never actually seen one up close, let alone flown in one. Have had it in my mind for year that I would love to get one. Be great to get in one to be sure! I'll buy the gas and lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any one in CT?

CT Pilot...
    Welcome to SWPO! You have found the best forum for all things SWP! I have just arrived in CT, working out of BDL, and staying in Old Saybrook. Unfortunately, my PA-20 is in CA so I can’t show it to you. However, if you want to meet sometime to talk about why those in the know own SWP’s, I would be happy to do that.
    I aM heading back to CA today, but we can set a time when I am back in town.
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Short Wing Pipers.org.

Post Thanks / Like

look forward to meeting both of you Conn. guys, we moved to Cornwall a couple of years ago. The Clipper is based over at Sky Acres due to hangar availability, but you could fly over for breakfast or lunch ( restaurant on the field Thurs. - Sun. ) or whatever would work better for you... Cheers, Donn

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Mark. Definitely let me know what you are back out this way. I could fly down to Chester or Groton to meet up sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue44 View Post
    look forward to meeting both of you Conn. guys, we moved to Cornwall a couple of years ago. The Clipper is based over at Sky Acres due to hangar availability, but you could fly over for breakfast or lunch ( restaurant on the field Thurs. - Sun. ) or whatever would work better for you... Cheers, Donn
    Thanks Donn. I've been up to Sky Acres a couple times now. CFI actually had me fly up there at the end of my BFR and bought me breakfast. Maybe I'll fly in sometime soon and meet up, and get a look at your Clipper.

~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pa20 View Post
    CT Pilot...
    Welcome to SWPO! You have found the best forum for all things SWP! I have just arrived in CT, working out of BDL, and staying in Old Saybrook. Unfortunately, my PA-20 is in CA so I can’t show it to you. However, if you want to meet sometime to talk about why those in the know own SWP’s, I would be happy to do that.
    I aM heading back to CA today, but we can set a time when I am back in town.
    Hi Mark - you ever get your Pacer out here, or still back in CA? We should meet up some time if you are still out this way. I now fly mostly out of Plainville and Meriden (club has an aircraft at each).

Post Thanks / Like

Used to be in the Silver City Flying club for many years. Good group. Probably have a couple hundred hours in their planes. Moved to NH a couple years ago from CT. If you want to visit in NH and see my Tri-Pacer, your more than welcome too. Would love to see one of the club planes again. Perhaps Joe or Mark might want to fly up with you. About an Hour an half flight in One of the club planes.

Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwaldo.jr View Post
    Used to be in the Silver City Flying club for many years. Good group. Probably have a couple hundred hours in their planes. Moved to NH a couple years ago from CT. If you want to visit in NH and see my Tri-Pacer, your more than welcome too. Would love to see one of the club planes again. Perhaps Joe or Mark might want to fly up with you. About an Hour an half flight in One of the club planes.

Chuck
    What airport are you based at in NH? Doing a fly-in/campout at 2B3 the weekend after this (9/6-9/7) if you can make it out. On-field camping. Doing a movie night on the Friday (likely "Barnstormers") on a big outdoor screen then pancake breakfast and cookout lunch on the Saturday. Right now looks like about 4-5 planes camping out (so far, plenty of room) with a couple others coming out on the Saturday (non-camping types) for the breakfast, lunch, and company. Should be a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

CT_Pilot: And while you're at my home field (2B3) next weekend, stop in the old original hangar and you can see my 22-150 which is s-l-o-w-l-y coming together. Got exhaust all in yesterday, next on to the baffle seals.... and a few other things... I see our guys have now installed solar USB charger posts over in the camping area - neat!

And yes, cwaldo, where are you based in NH?

Walt N4557A