Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Piper clipper n5255h

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piper clipper n5255h

2011 recover.jpgeight.jpgfive.jpgfour.jpgnine.jpgone.jpgseven.jpgsix.jpgthree.jpgtwo.jpg

REPOST (couldn't edit my last posting).

I'll have to take more pics of the panel and interior. Interior is brown leather with tan sticks. Panel has a NARCO Transponder w digital encoder and Garmin 250XL GPS.

$20,500.00

davidpatton111@me.com

I'm looking to find a new home for this Clipper.

I purchased this in 2016 from an IA who worked at the flying club I earned my PPL. He had rebuilt this aircraft at Loch Haven in 1989 and owned it until I bought it in 2016.

For the last 2 years I've put 200 hours on this plane and really enjoy it. The last trip I took was to Augusta, GA from my home airport in Petersburg, VA (13-14 Nov 2018. I also used this for my long commercial XC and flew it over 500nm earlier this year in July 2018. I still fly it on a regular basis and it has averaged about 8 hours a month. Note: Will continue flying most weekends until I find a buyer because we still use it to take breakfast flights and trips to Georgia and North Carolina.

So the only reason I'm selling is to find something a bit more suited for my current mission. (XC's, speed, and IFR capable.)

I've included a list below of anything I can think of that has been done to the plane since I purchased it.

I'd like to list it in a community that understands these planes, works on these planes, and desires this type of aircraft.

It isn't the most beautiful aircraft but it is solid and I feel very confident when I take it on long and short trips or just around the patter for some pattern work during windy days.

* In 2011 the owner recovered the left wing and replaced ribs. Did the work himself (IA) and signed off on the logs (photo attached.) I can't find the 337 for this work in 2011. I've ordered new FAA records to ensure I didn't loose it with the first set I ordered. It's been flying and I've flown it 200 hours and no IA has said anything about it. However, it should be mentioned.

List of things done since I purchased:
    TSMOH ~ 1200
    TTAF ~ 1900
    Replaced engine mount 2016
    Prop over haul by Sensenich 2106
    Replaced both exhaust collector 2016
    Voltage regulator 2016
    Replaced landing gear bungee 2017
    Overhauled both Mags 2017
    Starter overhaul 2017
    Oil filter adapter B&C 2017
    Overhauled generator 2017
    Spark plugs 2017
    Digital altitude encoder added 2018
    Transponder inspected 2018
    Last Annual Aug 2018

Last edited by davidpatton111; 10-19-2018 at 02:55 PM.