Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Modernizing the Pacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modernizing the Pacer?

sent PM with a question?
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modernizing the Pacer?

Iíve owned my Tri-Pacer for 13 years now. Iíve been slowly upgrading it along the way with new headliner, new seat upholstery, overhauled engine with more HP( itís a PA-22-160 that had 150 hp for 56 years) alternator conversion(B&C) new oil cooler(AERO Classics) overhauled and re-pitched prop(61 to 58 inches)Micro Aerodynamics VGís, spin on oil filter, Status transponder ADS-B in and out and LED lights. The expense of all that is much more than the airplane is ďworthĒ on the market but itís become one hell of a good airplane. Iíve put 161 hours on it since the world shut down, that includes four trip from Northern VA to Florida with a fifth planned soon. I have a need to travel from VA to CT and FL semi often and have been looking for an airplane that has more speed, range and IFR capability and Iíve pretty much decided on a Cessna 210. The Tri-Pacer isnít worth what a new prop for a 210 costs so I wonít be selling it, just adding to the fleet. If I run into financial hardships the 210 will go but Iíll still keep the Piper, it canít be replaced for the money.