Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel valve replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel valve replacement

The Univair valve is an Allen Aviation Products 6S122 valve that Univair certifies as FAA/PMA and files a notch in it to fit the TriPacer.
    Here are the internal parts. The “O” rings are common MS items.

https://www.extraaircraft.com/docs/service/SL300902.pdf
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 11-02-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    The Univair valve is an Allen Aviation Products 6S122 valve that Univair certifies as FAA/PMA and files a notch in it to fit the TriPacer.
    Here are the internal parts. The O rings are common MS items.

I reinstalled the original Piper handle on the Univair valve, but it always felt that it might come off in my hand some time, it was so sloppy. I bought one of the Aircraft Spruce types that was machined out of solid, and that is much more 'comforting'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    Here are the internal parts. The “O” rings are common MS items.

Thanks a bunch! I spent hours going the the o-ring files until I found matching rings. Great info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old3pacer View Post
    Enjoyed reading your experience.
    I have often wondered why it was non-service-able.
    Well, that's Univair's claim anyway. I just rebuilt the Univair valve using the Dakota drawing and instructions since the valves are identical minus one o-ring for the BOTH position. I had to make a very small ring compressor with a lot of fuel lube keep the OFF port o-ring from pinching on assembly. Now I have a spare valve. If they're really worried about liability from someone rebuilding it incorrectly then they should make a sealed unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mireaviation View Post
    Well, that's Univair's claim anyway. I just rebuilt the Univair valve using the Dakota drawing and instructions since the valves are identical minus one o-ring for the BOTH position. I had to make a very small ring compressor with a lot of fuel lube keep the OFF port o-ring from pinching on assembly. Now I have a spare valve. If they're really worried about liability from someone rebuilding it incorrectly then they should make a sealed unit.
    The allen / univair is a nice valve, and the new orings should install easily, put mine together and wet the new orings with gas and it went right together, are you sure you had the correct size orings? MS29513-011 and MS29513-114, went together with ease and no leaks.

DC calls out there own part number, but I used the above MS orings when I rebuilt my Univair valve and the off port small orings seated correctly they both went into the valve body with just a light push, no oring compressor required. Might double check you were given the correct orings.

Last edited by SMO22; 11-03-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure at all honestly. I used a NAS ring that I found from some old Boeing stock, looked identical. I ordered the same numbers from the 6S122 doc this morniing just to be certain. It turns freely and it helt 10 psi but ill definitely redo. There were some big chunks missing from those -011 o-rings when I first dissasembled.
    Really appreciate the responses.