Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Tri Pacer Muffler?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri Pacer Muffler?

Just got the bad news on the 1956 pa-22-150 that I've got, muffler is out of commission. Anybody have one they're interested in parting with, or is it time to rebuild the old?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tri Pacer Muffler?

Consider buying a new one then get your old one repaired for a spare.
    less down time.

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/wc-pim0003.html
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Had my old one "rebuilt" by Dawley last April and it was only $315 vs. buying from AS for a lot more than that. They "rebuilt" it in only a week so downtime wasn't a big deal for me. I put "rebuilt" in quotes because it was completely new from what I could tell but technically they can only rebuild. The workmanship seemed A+ and I think they even make them BETTER than new with additional add-in's. I would highly recommend them.

No matter how bad your old one is my guess is you could send them ANYTHING and they could "rebuild" it.
    Last edited by smcnutt; 01-04-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

My entire exhaust is built by them, I agree top notch work. They didnt "rebuild" mine so it came with a letter stating it was all built as per owner's specifications. Basically stating it was an owner produced part. Also complete system was only $1,300 or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Were you able to reset the AD clock back to 100 inspections?

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    Had my old one "rebuilt" by Dawley last April and it was only $315 vs. buying from AS for a lot more than that. They "rebuilt" it in only a week so downtime wasn't a big deal for me. I put "rebuilt" in quotes because it was completely new from what I could tell but technically they can only rebuild. The workmanship seemed A+ and I think they even make them BETTER than new with additional add-in's. I would highly recommend them.

No matter how bad your old one is my guess is you could send them ANYTHING and they could "rebuild" it.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Dawley. Had my muffler rebuilt -- came out great and I'm quite certain better than the "original" made by Aero Fabricators.

DSC07327.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I just got mine redone from Dawley super nice to work with and quick turn around only bummer is that because it listed as "rebuilt" it doesn't reset the hours on the required inspection back to 100 but not a huge deal.

Post Thanks / Like

https://awi-ami.com/a10308-003-new-p...0-muffler.html The website states this muffler resets the clock for the 50 hr insp, anybody running one?

Quote Originally Posted by gdubya569 View Post
    I just got mine redone from Dawley super nice to work with and quick turn around only bummer is that because it listed as "rebuilt" it doesn't reset the hours on the required inspection back to 100 but not a huge deal.

Post Thanks / Like

The AWI muffler is a NEW PMA muffler, not a repaired or overhauled muffler, so it qualifies to reset to 0 hours. Unfortunately, other vendors only “repair” the muffler as they are repair stations and don’t have PMA to market them as new, even though they are likely 99.44% new.

Please don’t use the word “rebuilt” or “rebuild” as these words have very specific meaning under Part 43. I know we do it all the time, but only the original manufacturer can rebuild a product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oops... I had Dawley repair my muffler. (Thanks for the clarification; I knew there was a bit of semantics involved there.)