Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PA-22 Fatal near Kingman AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-22 Fatal near Kingman AZ

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeepdad View Post
    Probable cause report: no caps on fuel tanks.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2021/0...60-n9227d.html
    I know for a fact that a half tank of fuel can be siphoned out in less than 30 minutes.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeepdad View Post
    Probable cause report: no caps on fuel tanks.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2021/0...60-n9227d.html
    I get sick every time I read up on this accident.....what a tool that guy is.

Post Thanks / Like

What stinks is he is probably right back out there flying some attractive divorced woman around saying he is a commercial pilot or ATP

Post Thanks / Like

I find it interesting how many holes this puts in the idea that having regulations can prevent people doing stupid things. Here we have a person who lies about their medical condition to obtain a student license and then ignores regulations to fly with a passenger whom he subsequently kills.
    All the rules and regulations in the world won't prevent people from doing stupid things they feel entitled to do.
    Does anyone know if this guy was charged with any crime such as manslaughter or fined by the FAA or faced ANY consequences legally?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RRHall View Post
    Does anyone know if this guy was charged with any crime such as manslaughter or fined by the FAA or faced ANY consequences legally?
    Appears he was convicted and got 5 years based on this appeal attempt. Although the dates dont line up. Possibly this is a different Christopher Anderson?

https://law.justia.com/cases/arizona...8-0290-pr.html
    Last edited by Brian; 06-27-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Court documents show 5-yr term was in levied in December of 2016; accident was in 2019, if I'm reading things correctly...

But it would be nice to think he got some kind of punishment for what he did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RRHall View Post
    I find it interesting how many holes this puts in the idea that having regulations can prevent people doing stupid things. Here we have a person who lies about their medical condition to obtain a student license and then ignores regulations to fly with a passenger whom he subsequently kills.
    All the rules and regulations in the world won't prevent people from doing stupid things they feel entitled to do.
    Just FYI, one doesn't need a medical to get a student pilot license. I have a student pilot license, but no medical. That said, I can't get a solo endorsement without the medical. I have over 130 hrs of flight time and have yet to solo because I've never had a medical at the same time as I'd been able to get an endorsement. So, flying without a medical solo or with a passenger (other than an instructor) is still illegal as hell.

-Alana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Appears he was convicted and got 5 years based on this appeal attempt. Although the dates dont line up. Possibly this is a different Christopher Anderson?

https://law.justia.com/cases/arizona...8-0290-pr.html
    This is not the same guy, the case you linked to was for an appeal to an assault case and the felon was in jail 2016 serving a five year term.

Anderson pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and was sentenced to a five-year prison term in December 2016.

The crash occurred January 13, 2019
    So apparently there are two scumbags in Arizona named Christopher Anderson.
    I searched for additional info on possible legal action against the guy who crashed the Tri-Pacer but could find nothing.
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"