Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bushmaster Project

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Bushmaster Project

I still needed to put a smart level on the rectangular aluminum to ensure parallelism. I set the forward attachments first, then pulled down the high side. It worked out real well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I set it at 21.5" pitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicobushmaster View Post
    I set it at 21.5" pitch.
    The round sections of the fixture are 1" diameter that I put in a lathe, faced the ends, drilled, and taped. This establishes perpendicularity on the ends, and concentricty with the diameters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chicobushmaster View Post
    The round sections of the fixture are 1" diameter that I put in a lathe, faced the ends, drilled, and taped. This establishes perpendicularity on the ends, and concentricty with the diameters.
    What is the 21.5" pitch?

It looks like you have squared the brackets and have no toe angle. ??
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's been a while since I have posted anything. I have been away for a bit racing and visiting in France. I have attached some preliminary modeling of my stick conversion for my experimental Bushmaster. I will have some other progress pictures to come shortly.CONTROL STICK ASSEMBLY -110.JPG
    Last edited by chicobushmaster; 08-30-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have talked to my DAR/ FAA and they say I can’t extend my fuselage or wings and get certification in experimental. New to this site, Steve-redwing, any help appriciated

Post Thanks / Like

What are you currently registered in? Certified?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-redwing View Post
    I have talked to my DAR/ FAA and they say I can’t extend my fuselage or wings and get certification in experimental. New to this site, Steve-redwing, any help appriciated
    Welcome and thanks for the post. I have assumed that the Bushmaster (aka Super Pacer) STC does not qualify for experimental, now we know. I would think to meet the 51% rule you would have to scratch build at least the wings or fuselage. But, if you have a certified Tri-Pacer and want to convert it to a Super Pacer/Bushmaster, why not keep it certified? You will avoid many steps involved in qualifying for experimental.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Welcome and thanks for the post. I have assumed that the Bushmaster (aka Super Pacer) STC does not qualify for experimental, now we know. I would think to meet the 51% rule you would have to scratch build at least the wings or fuselage. But, if you have a certified Tri-Pacer and want to convert it to a Super Pacer/Bushmaster, why not keep it certified? You will avoid many steps involved in qualifying for experimental.
    would like to but mine is 1952 and thought the STC is for 1957 or newer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-redwing View Post
    would like to but mine is 1952 and thought the STC is for 1957 or newer
    You are correct.

Another option, might be asking you DAR if you could build a modified wing with a slightly changed airfoil. You would need to find or make new ribs. Also, change the fuselage by replacing most of the upper and lower longerons, change the left door opening for an added door. Change the landing gear. Make all these changes your design even if you partly copy existing designs. It may be cheaper to find a newer fuselage then use parts off the 52.

The new owner of the STC, may get approval for earlier versions of the PA 22.