Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking Brake System

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking Brake System

Anyone know right off if a parking brake system was standard or optional on a 56 Tri-Pacer.

Allycat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Parking Brake System

From what I see in Parts Manual, they all had a parking valve. The pat number depended on serial number.
    http://ohio.shortwingpiperclub.org/M...al_752-450.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

My tripe as one. fire wall mounted. just added Steve's vented master cylinder with stock drums. what a difference. They stop right now. next annual I think I will switch the drums for disks.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks. Got to look into the vented master cyl. STC'ed I would assume. Hi Kendall, you gona make it over to Sun-N-Fun? My plan is to be there with N3429Z.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dwayne, yes / I plan on bring the wife to one of the air shows. Not sure which days yet. Do you have a date planned?
    I look forward to seeing you and your Pacer!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allycat View Post
    Okay thanks. Got to look into the vented master cyl. STC'ed I would assume. Hi Kendall, you gona make it over to Sun-N-Fun? My plan is to be there with N3429Z.

Dwayne
    Tri-Pacer only... When converted to tail wheel the aircraft gets left / right toe brakes...

http://www.stevesaircraft.com/vbrake.php

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone explain how the parking brake is supposed to work. I have a Williams toe brake conversion on my '56 Tri-Pacer. I had assumed to apply the parking brake you apply the toe brakes, then pull the parking brake knob out and let go of the toe brakes, then let go of the knob and the brakes should be set. My knob springs back to the panel when released and the brakes won't hold. Am I applying the parking brake correctly? Any ideas? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting... my '56 also has the Wms toe-brake conversion, but the parking brake was totally removed, as far as I can tell. I've just always used chocks.

I see in the Wms STC that there was a way to get an operational parking brake... hmmm... I'll try to post a copy of the text to the STC below. (This was all done by the PO some years ago; guess I need to get my A&P to look that over; there are times when a parking brake would be handy.)

Williams Toe Brakes STC.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Williams toe brakes use Cessna rudder/brake pedals and master cylinders. There is normally a tab on the brake cylinder shaft that when the brakes are depressed and the handle pulled it should pull the tab at one end cocking it and keeping the piston down in the bore and brakes applied. If working correctly the brakes will unlock as soon as you push the brake pedal. Sometimes the chanin is not hooked up to the tab or sometimes they are not rigged correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah ha. I have a loose dangling chain...I'll investigate further.