Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22/20 Landing Incident

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 22/20 Landing Incident

My first instructor was teaching me in a rented C172. He bragged that he had over 5,000 hours in the C172 and at the time I thought that was impressive rather than a little sad. However, after nearly 10+ hours with me hardly touching the controls, I realized that I was with the wrong guy. When I bought the pacer and switched instructors to a small little 80 year old guy I quickly realized that I made the right choice. On our first taxi out to the runway he folds his arms and said "your airplane" and when I told him I had never done this before he replied "you have to learn somehow". Luckily he had really fast reflexes when he had to but rarely touched the controls until I was almost over the edge. Great confidence builder and I soloed only a few hours later still in the pacer.

I'm pretty easy going but I'm not sure if I could instruct that confidently or at all.

Sent from my SM-T350 using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I took glider lessons a few times and I never got a good feel for the glider because every time I would get out of sorts and start the control inputs to get it back I felt the instructor on the controls doing it for me. I decided he was not the instructor for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tbag View Post
    The flip over accident was 2017

This was last month. Not the one mentioned in that accident report. Same plane.
    That was a confusing presentation by Kathryn, but glad to see the Pacer was repaired, and this time will be much easier. Apologies to the pilots for all the wrong assumptions... Donn

Post Thanks / Like

My flight instructor introduced me to my wife, I've never forgiven him in 39 years.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

90 hours prior to solo sticks out a little bit to me. Seems like the guy was putting in very infrequent time.