Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance renewal time....good news

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurance renewal time....good news

It's time for our insurance renewal and once again my agent has come thru for us. Our premium dropped $60 from last year to only $591. Last year it dropped even more and in fact it's dropped every year we've been with this agent. That's with full coverage on two low time (<300 hour) pilots and $30k hull. If anyone is looking for an insurance agent I would whole-heartily recommend Aerospace Risk Management Group and Chip Lennemann in particular 517-627-9700

We must be living well because we just had a nearly no-squawk annual. Only problem was an intake gasket & hose that cost less than $20.

Sure hope I didn't just jinx myself.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Insurance renewal time....good news

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    Sure hope I didn't just jinx myself.
    Better find some wood and start knocking

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, you might as well just give me your plane now so you won't have to deal with the oncoming nightmares!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Ya, you might as well just give me your plane now so you won't have to deal with the oncoming nightmares!
    That's the thing I like about SWP.O... Always someone willing to help

Post Thanks / Like

I have a huge pile of salt collecting over my shoulder and people are starting to stare at me as I'm knocking my wooden head.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

as my renewal is coming up fast I called Chip and had them check for me if they could do any better than $1055 a year and they could not???
    smcnutt.... do they know yours is not a nose dragger?? I have 600 hrs in the books and 400 of that is TW 250 in type and they said they could not beat my other insur co.
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to give them a call. I'm shopping for insurance right now. Lowest price I've found is in the 600's without a bunch of ridiculous restrictions!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is $810/year with Travers. Next month is renewal time so we will see if it goes down any. That was with 200 TW hours and zero in type. Just got my renewal quote and its $708. That's acceptable.
    Last edited by sdemeyer; 03-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I use an independant agent here in Ogden and when he shopped for Quotes last year, they came back anywhere from $575.00 to 1050.00, for $35,000.00 hull & $1,000,000 / $100,000.00 etc. Global Aerospace on the low end, AVEMCO on the high end. This year, renewal was $499.00 from Global. http://www.global-aero.com/us/ If the link doesn't work, paste it into the brozer. The above rates were for just me (named pilot with 1,200 TW, 1,000 in type and 1500 total time). Shop around, it works sometimes!!

John
    Utah

Post Thanks / Like

Insured hull value, deductable, and libility maximum can cause a large swing in what you pay. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. ie. $200 deductible, $1,000,000 libility, $100,000 each occupant, $45,000 hull.
    Hull value pays a big part in your cost. Do not fall into the trap over under insuring your hull. Typically an insurance company will total your airplane and take it if the repairs amount to 70 or 80% (depending on company) of insured hull value.