Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PA-16 Data Plate Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-16 Data Plate Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SMO22 View Post
    I wonder what the reason was for not stamping the MFG date?
    That's a good question I've wondered. I see it's not stamped on the Clipper data tag either?.
    I can speculate the tag was tacked on before the aircraft was done being manufactured and subsequently the covering was put on over the data plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    The asset tag should be on the cross tube under the seat I think.
    The Vag's original Data plate is located on the baggage compartment floor and looks like previous Data Tag photos posted without manufacture date.

Question about the asset tag mentioned. Could this be the Vag's asset tag welded to the cross tube under the passenger's seat that's been covered with Ceconite and would the manufacture date be found here?

Thanks,
    Last edited by rideandfly; 03-17-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Bill
    48 PA-17 Vag C-85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rideandfly View Post
    The Vag's original Data plate is located on the baggage compartment floor and looks like previous Data Tag photos posted without manufacture date.

Question about the asset tag mentioned. Could this be the Vag's asset tag welded to the cross tube under the passenger's seat that's been covered with Ceconite and would the manufacture date be found here?

Thanks,
    That is the fuselage serial number stamped onto that plate, and it may or may not be the same serial number as your aircraft. The serial number on the data plate is the important one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SMO22 View Post
    That is the fuselage serial number stamped onto that plate, and it may or may not be the same serial number as your aircraft. The serial number on the data plate is the important one.
    Thanks for the information!
    Bill
    48 PA-17 Vag C-85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Was in the hospital a week with a crushed larynx and a perforated esophagus along with a broken tibia but I was lucky, I survived...
    Holy crap Steve ! Glad you are with us... Donn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Iím looking at purchasing a PA-16 project that has an expired registration. FAA is giving the current owner fits over reregistering it. Seems some fool within FAA doesnít believe the old aluminum data tag that meets drawing 85411 isnít a real Piper data plate.

Anyone that would be willing to share pictures of the data plate installed on their PA-16 would be appreciated. Iíll use them as supporting documentation to prove the legitimacy of the data plate on this aircraft.

This is an effort to return an airplane to active life and an effort to try and counteract the foolishness of FAA Order 8100.19.

Any help is appreciated.
    David,

Sent you an email with a photo of the Vag's original data plate. If you don't see it, may be in your spam folder.

Good Luck,

Bill
    Bill
    48 PA-17 Vag C-85

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, my PA17 is s.n. 17-190 but the number stamped on the plate is 15-573.
    Mine has never been a PA15.
    TonyN

p.s. flew for the first time on 1st March after its 2.25 year fuselage recover project!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnowak View Post
    TonyN

p.s. flew for the first time on 1st March after its 2.25 year fuselage recover project!
    Tony, Congrats on the March 1st flight!!!!!!!!!
    Bill
    48 PA-17 Vag C-85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnowak View Post
    TonyN

Tony, are you saying the data plate on your airplane doesnít match your registration? Or are you saying the fuselage frame number doesnít match the data plate? Frame numbers never ( well almost never) match the data plate. If your data plate is wrong, you have problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No, my data plate is good. Just commenting (or confirming) that the fuselage frame plate number (tack welded to airframe) isn't the same as the airframe serial number.
    TonyN