Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PA-16 Data Plate Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-16 Data Plate Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by rideandfly View Post
    I know this is very frustrating and it should never have gone this far, but hopefully the EAA/AOPA legal teams could use your information and original Piper documentation to overturn the Inspectors opinion. Only met Clyde Smith once at Lock Haven, but if he has original Piper documentation for this aircraft, looks like that would be the same as communicating with Piper Aircraft Corp.

Hope it works out for you!
    I think a big part is that the guy just wants to save face and wonít admit heís wrong. Have FAA headquarters and one of my Senators involved. Just emailed the MIDO as well, and they seem sympathetic. Same MIDO that covers Lock Haven, but of course everyone from back then are long retired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The bigger man is one that can admit that he's made a mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Sometimes you need to leave a trail out after backing someone into a corner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi,

Sometimes you need to leave a trail out after backing someone into a corner.
    He started this over 2 years ago with the previous owner. Iíve spoken to others about this guy and he seems to be a real hard ass. He keeps falling back to the imposable position that the TC holder is the only entity that can verify a data plate, and the TC holder says they have no ability or requirement to verify a data plate. For all the research Iíve done, I canít find any regulation, order, notice, advisory circular anywhere that says a TC holder has to verify a data plate or that verification is necessary. The only things out there are you canít remove or alter, or place an unauthorized data plate. Doing so violates Part 3, and Part 45, along with being a criminal act under 18 USC for fraud. If this guy really believed it was the wrong data plate, he should have filed a letter of investigation for violations of 14 CFR, and referred it to the IG for criminal prosecution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

And there a lot of ways he can back out that decision and still look ok....
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very curious as to the progress the EAA and AOPA have made on this. To me, this is something they should take the lead on. Besides the annual dues, one or the other or both have their hands out for more money at least once a month; all the while in each monthly magazine beating their chest about what a great job they are doing in Washington and in general. I belong to both organizations because of their efforts to educate as well as right the various wrongs that are inevitable when dealing with large bureaucracies (private and Government). However, when they fail their membership on something that should be dirt simple to fix, they need to be held accountable. Luck - Dwain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwain View Post
    I would be very curious as to the progress the EAA and AOPA have made on this. To me, this is something they should take the lead on. Besides the annual dues, one or the other or both have their hands out for more money at least once a month; all the while in each monthly magazine beating their chest about what a great job they are doing in Washington and in general. I belong to both organizations because of their efforts to educate as well as right the various wrongs that are inevitable when dealing with large bureaucracies (private and Government). However, when they fail their membership on something that should be dirt simple to fix, they need to be held accountable. Luck - Dwain
    EAA hasn't been engaged so far. To date my contacts have been with AOPA and Antique Airplane Assn. From my past experience, EAA hasn't been a good source for these issues. Others may have had different experiences, just my perspective. I am an EAA And Vintage member, so they get my money like everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

I dropped my Vintage membership after a conversation with the Vintage president. We were discussing the very productive annual meeting we used to have with the FAA concerning Vintage issues at OSH. She totally blew Steve off and walked away from the conversation. It was apparent she was only interested in the big money Antiquer’s that occupy row 1 at Oshkosh regardless of the fact that the majority of Vintage members are arriving in Classic and Contemporary airplanes.
    I think Brent Taylor and the AAA do more us little guys than EAA Vintage.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 11-14-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    I dropped my Vintage membership after a conversation with the Vintage president. We were discussing the very productive annual meeting we used to have with the FAA concerning Vintage issues at OSH. She totally blew Steve off and walked away from the conversation. It was apparent she was only interested in the big money Antiquer’s that occupy row 1 at Oshkosh regardless of the fact that the majority of Vintage members are arriving in Classic and Contemporary airplanes.
    I think Brent Taylor and the AAA do more us little guys than EAA Vintage.
    Got my vote there! I've known Brent since he was a little kid. Been a Lifetime member there since 1970 or there about.