Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New pilot and owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New pilot and owner.

So I was in the right place at the right time and now own a Piper PA 20. Now I just need to learn how to fly it. Only instructor I know isn’t tail dragged certified but said he always wanted to be so I said well now you have a plane to get certified in. My bride thinks I bumped my head.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New pilot and owner.

You did not say how many hour you have or if you have any time at all in a Tripacer. Wellcome to the group and tell us a little about yourself.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. As a new shortwing owner you will find this site invaluable.
    Transitioning to a TW depends in part on how comfortable you are with tricycle landings in gusty and crosswind conditions. The TW gear only adds a certain degree of difficulty to landing a plane in general. When I bought my first PA-20 I was 21 years old and probably had under 50 hours in my logbook and almost all of that in C-150’s. Even with that limited skill set my non instructor dad got me transitioned in about 5 hours or probably 50 touch and goes. (No FAA TW endorsement back then in the ‘70s). Tell us a bit more about your experience, details of your new plane, etc.
    Last edited by Brian; 03-31-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you located, someone here may know of an instructor with tailwheel or even SWP qualified.
    "Progress is our most important problem"