Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Engine options

Short flights are my missions. I cant see myself sitting in a Pacer for 2hrs+...I would like optimal rate of climb and short takeoff/landing distance. Will be landing on grass strips and asphalt pavement as I live in the prairies. I am not as adventurous as I once was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook11 View Post
    Short flights are my missions. I cant see myself sitting in a Pacer for 2hrs+...I would like optimal rate of climb and short takeoff/landing distance. Will be landing on grass strips and asphalt pavement as I live in the prairies. I am not as adventurous as I once was.
    Look into the Cato prop. They are light weight and have excellent performance. They will recommend a prop size and pitch based on your requirements. Short take off and good climb are excellent safety features. They are very popular with the experimental Cubs.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, there is an experimental IO-340 for sale on VAF: http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=170529

Good luck with the build.

Tom P.
    Wagabond @ 08A