Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pipe thread dope

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pipe thread dope

I've used that Permatex "Thread Sealant" on hydraulic fittings of various thread styles, Diesel Exhaust Fluid plastic and metal fittings, and several other things and have had great luck with it. It was the only product I found that will seal diesel exhaust fluid.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that permatex acceptable for dry vac pump fittings?

Post Thanks / Like

My IA loves fuel lube. A small squeeze tube is less than 20$---- and that much will last years. I understand it is designed not to stop up injector passages if it happens
    to get into the fuel. The fuel is supplsed to completely disolve it. I would NEVER use tape on the fuel system. Maybe not paste either---
    He likes fuel lube as a good sealant for many applications---- like gaskets on fuel bladders and wet wing fittings.

Not sure if it has any anti seize properties...... (like if you are screwing a dis-similar fitting together---)
    The aviation grade permitex (looks like shellack) might be OK for oil lines-- but I would be afraid of it making a sticky booger in the fuel system.

T
    Last edited by violinmaker; 05-28-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No lube, sealant or any type of tape on dry vacuum fittings. Insert dry and snug down. That's it.
    Tom Ferraro
    PA22/20-160 N25TJ