Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Looking for Pacer instructor in Southeast PA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Pacer instructor in Southeast PA

My PA 22/20 rebuild is near completion. Needs final inspection, weighing, paperwork, and insurance quotes. I have TW endorsement and 12 hours in a Super Decathlon. I would like some dual in type and expect that insurance will agree. Have over 1000 hours in same aircraft but I guess that won't count. Aircraft is based at S37. I'm checking local possibilities. Local ones with most Pacer experience have let their instructor rating and/or medical expire.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for Pacer instructor in Southeast PA

Quote Originally Posted by 28a View Post
    My PA 22/20 rebuild is near completion. Needs final inspection, weighing, paperwork, and insurance quotes...
    I saw this an figured you added an extra comma between "weighing" and "paperwork". As we all know, the shear weight of the paperwork is the basis on which the FAA determines the aircraft to be airworthy. I think the minimum is about 10 lbs.

Can't help with the instruction flights but congrats on the new airplane! Now where are the pictures?

Sent from my SM-T350 using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    I saw this an figured you added an extra comma between "weighing" and "paperwork". As we all know, the shear weight of the paperwork is the basis on which the FAA determines the aircraft to be airworthy. I think the minimum is about 10 lbs.

Can't help with the instruction flights but congrats on the new airplane! Now where are the pictures?

Sent from my SM-T350 using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    Pictures will come, She is a little undressed at the moment. Insurance quote was reasonable without a "dual instruction in model" requirement. Now it's up to me to decide how much is necessary and gives me some flexibility on picking a coach. I'm trying to get as organized as possible to minimize my IA's time on generating the 10 lbs of paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to finishing your Pacer. You will enjoy flying it. I own my Pacer for 20 years and have about 2,000 hours in it. I never get tired of flying it.
    Good that your insurance doesn’t require dual instruction in type. So your “coach” doesn’t have to be a CFI. I had the same when I purchased my Pacer. Because of my Tailwheel time in various airplanes there was no dual in type required. The PO flew with me for a couple of hours to check me out. The real learning started from there. I set my personal minimums for wind really low until I built up the confidence.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z