Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pacers in Alaska, Prebuy and Ferry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacers in Alaska, Prebuy and Ferry

Seems every pacer I get interested in is somewhere in Alaska. So.... a few questions. Who would you guys recommend for a prebuy/annual inspection in Alaska? Who would you recommend as a CFI to ferry the plane and myself back from Alaska? I figure the trip back to North Carolina would be a good time to get some time with a CFI in my own plane. I am a private pilot with a tailwheel endorsement. No other tail wheel time. 250 hours total time. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pacers in Alaska, Prebuy and Ferry

Few options: For pre-buy you can use Eddie Trimmer in Willow, Ray Block in Wasilla are two I've worked with. For a CFI to help with the ferry you might talk to Alaska Floats and Skis in Talkeetna. They do training with PA-22/20s and perhaps one of their CFIs would be able to take the time to help with the ferry.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pacers in Alaska, Prebuy and Ferry

flynfish already covered a couple of great IA's, another option out of Birchwood is Mark Web with John Mark Air. Alaska Floats and Ski's does have some summer hires from out of state, so might luck out there for a ferry pilot. I know there is a female CFI that post on the facebook group Fly Out Alaska that ferries planes to and from Alaska but I can't think of her name at the moment.