Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dual side brakes from factory

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dual side brakes from factory

Looking through the manual again.. and saw this picture.. wish my plane had them, I didnt know it was an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dual side brakes from factory

It would be a nice feature to have. I always had trouble finding instructors who would fly with no brakes on the passenger side. Especially when I was first getting checked out in the airplane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff J View Post
    It would be a nice feature to have. I always had trouble finding instructors who would fly with no brakes on the passenger side. Especially when I was first getting checked out in the airplane.
    I've only given dual, in a plane with brakes on the left only, one time. I sat in the left set and made the student fly from the right until I was confident he knew what he was doing, we then traded places. New tailwheel students are safer without brakes for a few hours anyway

Post Thanks / Like

I would like them to be on the side the door is on, I can fly from either side fine, but the older passengers can get in easier without anyone already in the left seat. Wonder how hard it would be to reverse the pedals so only on right seat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dual side brakes from factory

My Pacer is so equipped. Would not be a difficult modification. An alternative to the hat sections for the master cylinder use Cessna master cylinder mounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by mmoyle; 06-14-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deandayton View Post
    I've only given dual, in a plane with brakes on the left only, one time. I sat in the left set and made the student fly from the right until I was confident he knew what he was doing, we then traded places. New tailwheel students are safer without brakes for a few hours anyway
    I learned in a Clipper and that is exactly what my instructor did. No brakes till we got to the hanger or fuel pump.