Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Recomendations for a prop shop near Austin for overhaul/repitching

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recomendations for a prop shop near Austin for overhaul/repitching

I am in need of another prop. The 74x61 that I took to have overhauled and repitched will not pass specs. Prop shop said it was too thin on outer tips. My brother is in Austin TX and has another 74x61. I would like to have it checked before shipping and doing the overhaul and repitching. Or just have that shop do the overhaul. Does anyone have a recommendation of a prop shop near Austin TX. Thank you in advance.
    Steve Bates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Recomendations for a prop shop near Austin for overhaul/repitching

San Antonio Propeller

Post Thanks / Like

Do you happen to know what the minimum thickness is, and how they go about measuring it? I've heard about this in the past, but don't know how they check it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfgoe View Post
    Do you happen to know what the minimum thickness is, and how they go about measuring it? I've heard about this in the past, but don't know how they check it.
    The documents are posted here. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...ch-Repair-Data

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Steve.....great info!