Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How To Organize Your Forum Subscriptions...

Post Thanks / Like

Default How To Organize Your Forum Subscriptions...

Presume many are aware that you can define "subscriptions" for threads that you are interested in following within the forum.
    The subscriptions can be customized as to when they get set, and how often you want the website to notify you of changes or updates
    "When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."

All of these subscriptions are accessible by choosing Forum tab, then select the Quick Links pull down an then choose "subscribed threads"
    But... did you know that you can also organize your subscriptions into folders of your choosing. As an example, you can make categories like, airframe, engine, tailwheel, etc... as you desire. Below are some screen shots to try and show what I am trying to explain...

Choose Forum Tab... then next row down, to the far right, choose Quick Links, then choose "Subscribed Threads"
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.02.13 PM.jpg

You should then see a list of all threads that you are subscribed. As noted, these are based upon your desired subscription selection, and can include threads you are interested in and/or have interacted with by posting.
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.07.36 PM.jpg

On the left, you will see a table block with a title of "My Subscriptions". As you can see in the below image, I have some folders created.... I presume if you have none set up, you will only see the folder "subscriptions"... but below that is a button titled "edit folders" (blue arrow in the image). You can then add new folders and edit / rename the existing folders. On the right side of the screen, you will see a list of the subscribed threads, with the most recent, I think sorted by last post date by default.
    Once you have folders set up, and you have identified a subscribed thread you would like to add to a folder, you first check the box as noted by the red arrow in the image, and then scroll down the screen until you find the button that says "selected threads".
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.08.22 PM.jpg

"Edit Folders" give you this screen...
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.30.28 PM.jpg

At the bottom of the screen, you scroll down and find the 'selected threads' button, and the pull down allows more actions, where you can delete the subscription, or modify the email notifications for the selected threads. One of the options is "move threads"...
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.11.30 PM.jpg

If you choose the "move threads" option, you will see a list of the folders that you have defined... select the desired folder...
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.11.50 PM.jpg
    Then... the subscribed thread will now appear within that defined folder.
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.12.44 PM.jpg

Hope this maybe helps others keep track of your subscribed threads and favorite threads.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How To Organize Your Forum Subscriptions...

Bryan showed me this last week at the Short Wing Piper Convention. I was not aware that you could save threads and categorize them this way. Thanks a lot for the heads up Bryan.