Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Off topic help...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Off topic help...

Iím trying to find a used marine exhaust manifold/system for a 4039 John Deere. Not having much luck with Googleís search engine..anyone know of a salvage yard or entity that may have what Iím looking for? Need to seal up the damned exhaust...the John Deereís industrial engine I have leaks horribly at the turbo... I can fly cut a new bore in my turbo, then machine a new sleeve for an interference fit for a static seal...just donít want to go there...cause it will leak from err....shrinkage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Off topic help...

Just out of curiosity, what does John Deere say about that leak....turbo leaks seem dangerous.
    Forrest Miller

Post Thanks / Like

New turbo and exhaust elbow are available. The sleeve between the two is no longer available. Damn thing was designed to leak. There isnít any provision to prevent leakage. Cat uses a similar set up....but the huge difference is....Cat machined grooves for cast iron rings...like piston compression rings to limit or reduce exhaust leakage...even Cat leaks when new...just a little...but worsens over time. Marine systems are designed to be in an enclosed space.. John Deereís marine exhaust system using John Deere graphite exhaust gaskets donít last...but...Amazon sells really good ones...graphite seal that contained by a steel perimeter...ordered by dimension...those flippers donít leak!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,
    Its a long shot, but Cordova Outboard here in town services lots of marinized John Deere engines. they may have something you need sitting on the shelf or on a used motor in their warehouse. Their number is (907)-424-3220.
    If they don't then try Jose Rubio 424-3656.
    Jason Perkins