Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: anyone had contact with Joseph Gubler (Jag-Air dash mod) ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone had contact with Joseph Gubler (Jag-Air dash mod) ?

I have looked up his info as far as I could on the web----
    Looks like he is in Fairhaven Ma.-----
    Looks like he still has an active Commercial pilot's licence---
    Info shows that the STC SA351NE and 351352NE were renewed under his name again on 2003.
    Found an adress but never saw a ny phone numbers or e-mails.....

On the web I found another guy with the same name that is an investment advisor at a place called
    "causewey.com". He is an investment consultant--- but has degrees in physics, astrophysics something else--
    He has a youtube video ad for cuseway. He looks to be in his mid 40's. Dont know if this is the same person
    or not.

Perhaps this could be his son ? I ws immagining that since this was an STC from the early 1980's that he could be elderly by now.....

I would like to contact him because my aircraft has that STC done but no logbook for that time. I do seem to have all the installation paperwork and blueprints and a letter from him... but I don't see an official certificate with the N-number printed on it. I am hoping he has records of who he sold the STC to.

Anyone have contact info for him ?

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: anyone had contact with Joseph Gubler (Jag-Air dash mod) ?

You could request a history cd for your tail number from FAA, it should list all the STCs and other official notes related to that tail number.
    http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice thought...….. (done that--) But all my STC's were added and never recorded with either FAA or in the logbook.
    I want to get in contact with him and see if he has it recorded somewhere. I was told that STC owners are only required to
    keep records for 7 years . I think I have all the documents from him and his STC except the sheet showing the N number.
    I suspect there was another log book that got lost or never found after that owner got sick and died. He worked on it off and on for 30 yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by violinmaker View Post
    I have looked up his info as far as I could on the web----
    Looks like he is in Fairhaven Ma.-----
    Looks like he still has an active Commercial pilot's licence---
    Info shows that the STC SA351NE and 351352NE were renewed under his name again on 2003.
    Found an adress but never saw a ny phone numbers or e-mails.....

On the web I found another guy with the same name that is an investment advisor at a place called
    "causewey.com". He is an investment consultant--- but has degrees in physics, astrophysics something else--
    He has a youtube video ad for cuseway. He looks to be in his mid 40's. Dont know if this is the same person
    or not.

Perhaps this could be his son ? I ws immagining that since this was an STC from the early 1980's that he could be elderly by now.....

I would like to contact him because my aircraft has that STC done but no logbook for that time. I do seem to have all the installation paperwork and blueprints and a letter from him... but I don't see an official certificate with the N-number printed on it. I am hoping he has records of who he sold the STC to.

Anyone have contact info for him ?

Tim
    Prior to 1996, there never was a requirement for an STC holder to provide any statement that someone was authorized to use an STC. In fact, FAA never even enforced that until 2006, so if the STC was installed prior to 2006 there would likely be no statement authorizing the use of that STC on your aircraft. Now, the question of not having a 337 for the STC installation is another issue. If, as you say, you have all the installation data, it isn't a big deal for your IA to conform the aircraft to that installation data and make up a 337 stating the STC was installed by person or persons unknown prior to 2006, and mail it in to AFS-750 to get the records cleaned up.

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS ! DGA. Knowing that pre-96 factoid helps explain why there was no "certificate" like you see now on
    STC's. My IA said that he had done that in the past-- confirming with inspection that whatever it was - was installed
    in accordance with the STC instructions and consistent with 43-13. I think he wanted me to see if Joseph was still
    available for whatever extra info he might need. Maybe I can try to send him a letter and maybe he can look up
    my N number or the owner who purchased the STC from him. he might even remember him----

I will pass this on to my IA about the pre-96 situation.

All my STC's will be pre 96 I think----

Tim