Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: ASTM F3361: AMC to Determine Major/Minor

Post Thanks / Like

Default ASTM F3361: AMC to Determine Major/Minor

Thought this was interesting given that major vs minor alteration is something that generates a lot of questions. I haven't read it yet so I don't know if it is helpful.

http://aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=ma...0-5137c1b925ea

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ASTM F3361: AMC to Determine Major/Minor

All well and good, but very few A&Ps will purchase the ASTM Standard. 9 whole pages for $48.00 even if you buy the pdf version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

AC 43-210A has a good flow chart to determine Major or Minor repairs/alterations.
    I just installed snap-vents in the boot cowl to improve the cabin ventilation in my Vag. I used this guidance to determine this to be a Minor Alteration and used this as part of my log entry.
    Last edited by DaleLindstrom; 07-20-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I am concerned AC-43-210A takes a lot of the guess work out of the minor/major argument. It provides a logical decision path and then noting that you used in the log book entry makes more difficult to challenge the entry.
    Especially when the FAA hires an “expert” that says Steve’s mid-air collision could have been caused by his boot cowl vent on the opposite side from the exhaust outlet caused him to possibly have carbon monoxide poisoning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    As far as I am concerned AC-43-210A takes a lot of the guess work out of the minor/major argument. It provides a logical decision path and then noting that you used in the log book entry makes more difficult to challenge the entry.
    Especially when the FAA hires an “expert” that says Steve’s mid-air collision could have been caused by his boot cowl vent on the opposite side from the exhaust outlet caused him to possibly have carbon monoxide poisoning.
    Did they do a blood test to check CO levels? Their “expert” sounds more like a wack job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk