Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: tool for pulling front fin post

Post Thanks / Like

Default tool for pulling front fin post

Made this for pulling the front fin tube out of the socket. It pulled it-- part of it---
    The reason it was stuck was -apparently- the socket had gotten full of water and rusted the tube .
    It was stuck in so hard that it pulled the tube in two-- parting at the hole. The rest was stuck in the
    socket from rust. The tool pulled it though.

The big blocks are hard maple with a 1/2 inch hemispherical groove cut the length with the router.
    The bottom is oak and grooved to sit on the cross tube. The bolts and coupler nuts serve as jack screws. added a little powdered rosin on split blocks to maintain traction on tube-

100_3582.JPG

Repairing tubes now !

T

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tool for pulling front fin post

I got my front one off by cutting, soaking, heating twisting. Destroyed the fin getting the back one out after getting pi$$ed off. Nice try.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tool for pulling front fin post

Got mine out--- cut it back about 6 inches-- then did an inner-tube diagonal splice. It had a tweaked rib in it which I also replaced. just have to
    put the pulley bracket back on and it will be ready to prime and paint. (grit blasted and about 90 % phosphated now-)