Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Anyone in the DFW, TX area with a Tri-Pacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone in the DFW, TX area with a Tri-Pacer?

I've been lurking on this awesome short wing forum over the last year that I've been working on my PPL. I'm just about finished, and am finally to a point where I'm considering purchasing a Tri-Pacer (or possible a converted PA-22/20). I'd love to check out a Tri-Pacer up close, and would split fuel costs if I could ride along. Is there anyone on here in the DFW, TX area? Please send me a message if so! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone in the DFW, TX area with a Tri-Pacer?

Welcome Jason. Theres quite a few on this forum in your North TX area so I’m sure some one will reach out and help you out. I was born, raised, and earned my PPL not too far from Dallas myself although Ive been out West for 35 years now.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Just to keep this thread alive I will provide a bit more. I’ve had a SW Piper since 1975 and can say with confidence that they are the best bang for the buck. Sure they have their limitations on the performance side but so does every other type in the low entry price point of aviation. Mine is a 1957 model, and has been a great performer in both tricycle and TW configurations. Photo with unpainted wings which were metalized in early 70’s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian; 08-10-2019 at 08:01 AM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brian! Right now I am out of Addison, TX (ADS).. It's a heck of a busy place being so close to DFW and DAL. 100% agree on the incredible value of SW Pipers, and I'm sure I'll be hooked if I can get my hands on a good one! I'm also always surprised they're not more popular, but I appreciate the fact that this keeps them affordable!