Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Which years built, are compatible with my 1958 Tri Pacer in terms of parts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which years built, are compatible with my 1958 Tri Pacer in terms of parts

Short Wing Friends, please help me with the following question.
    From which years built can I buy parts that will be compatible with my 1958 160Hp Tri Pacer?
    Thank you so much, happy landings.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which years built, are compatible with my 1958 Tri Pacer in terms of parts

Look at the illustrated parts manual. There are parts that were used on all Tri-Pacers and there are parts specific to certain serial numbers and years.

https://www.univair.com/content/part...ile/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which years built, are compatible with my 1958 Tri Pacer in terms of parts

Hi Pierce, Thank you for the good tip! I actually have a Univair Tri Pacer Catalog in Hard Copy.
    I am however looking at whole wings, elevators, fuselages.
    E.g. exactlybthe same location of wing mount points, strut mount points etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wiegerket View Post
    Hi Pierce, Thank you for the good tip! I actually have a Univair Tri Pacer Catalog in Hard Copy.
    I am however looking at whole wings, elevators, fuselages.
    E.g. exactlybthe same location of wing mount points, strut mount points etc.

Look at the front and it will give you serial numbers by year model. Then look at the parts section like a wing assembly and it will tell you what part number wing per serial number. If you have the Short Wing Piper Club drawing CD you can look up and see the differences in the parts. The wings got an extra rib between the O-290 engine models and the O-320 engines. Am not aware of any changes in the elevators or stabilizers. i would reference the parts manual.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you, will do!