Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Primer Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Primer Lines

For primer lines I have the AN800-2 compression balls, engine side, I am having difficulty finding the correct nuts for the end that connects to the primmer body?any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Primer Lines

I encountered a situation on an L-3 primer a while back. Someone had tried to use a compression ferrel with it when it needed a cone (an800-2) instead. More fuel would squirt inside the cockpit than would make it to the engine every time the primer was pumped. The compression fitting nut wouldn’t fit over the cone. Aircraft Spruce lists the AN805-2 nut on the same page as the cone. It should be the one unless the thread pitch is different.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have asked;

Is your primer body connection different than the nozzles? If no, then the same place you got the other from. If yes, we need to know what you have. The Skyhawk I am inspecting has flared. The L-3 has cones. I saw compression fittings talked about in another thread. Nothing is interchangeable. What do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Not the expert but here's what we bought from AS

UNION CONE AN800-2
    BRASS UNION NUT AN805-2
    COPPER TUBING 1/8 X .030
    “Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.”
    ― Victor Hugo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been installing the primer system in a Super Cub Iam rebuilding. I ran out of 1/8" copper tubing and nobody in town had any. Found a kit for installing a pressure gauge with 6 feet of tubing and some fittings. The fittings had a cone with an angle on one side and since I already had fittings I sat them aside. Ran the tubing and thought this tubing shapes really nice. When I went to flare the end at the engine I discovered it was really thin, not the .030" I was use to. Since it has a tendancy to crack anyway I am pulling it back out. My 25 foot roll is supposed to be here today. Was really surprised that none of the auto parts, hardware stores or supply stores in townhad 1/8" copper tubing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have forgotten where I got the copper for the L-3 but I know I couldn’t pick it up in town either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The difference in the copper tubing in the gauge kit from China and the Dorman Products tubing made in the USA.
    20190814_161255.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

for the Dorman tubing, do they quote a wall thickness?
    Where do you purchase that?
    Thanks
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

.030" and I ordered it through O'Reilly auto parts but Spruce has it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread pitch is different, but the standard 1/8 compression fitting and nut works.