Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Levil BOM

Post Thanks / Like

Default Levil BOM

Does anyone know about this product or have a experience mounting the Levil BOM on a short wing piper. I am helping a friend navigate thru this process and would like to consider and advice that is out there. what about mounting on a wing lift strut.

thanks

Buena Vista, CO (primary) and Hallettsville, Texas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Levil BOM

Avweb gave it a good review.. the BOM is designed as a back up system, but in the review it was suggested as a turn-key system for older, aging aircraft (hey that's us!)... I'm seriously thinking about getting one if someone can give me a Short Wing pirep!

Post Thanks / Like

I am struggling with what is the best way to install it and if i need a 337. I am of the opinion that the bracket would be a minor repair, requiring a logbook entry. what are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

How would you mount it?

Buena Vista, CO (primary) and Hallettsville, Texas
    Post Thanks / Like

Mounting and FAA approval under NORSEE regs (safety enhancement accessory item). Here is BOM https://levilaviation.com/thebom/
    Would love to hear if someone slaps a BOM on a Tripacer and puts it through paces. The mounting bracket is included and you need to adapt it somehow...this is another thing I'd like to see done by someone on our airplanes! Here is Avweb review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acePsABD2GQ