Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB nice tri-pacer with 160HP

Post Thanks / Like

Default WTB nice tri-pacer with 160HP

I’m not sure if this should be posted here or in the classifieds but I’m in the market for a Nice tri-pacer.

my mission has evolved a bit and I now have access to an experimental sport plane for acro and X/C but I still need something to put the family (3 of us) in. The 160 hp tri pacer fits that bill perfectly.

i am looking for a plane that doesn’t need to have anything except adsb put in as I am not looking for a project. IFR for training purposes is preferred.

if any of you know of such an example that is for sale or will be for sale please let me know.

thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: WTB nice tri-pacer with 160HP

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Balla View Post
    I’m not sure if this should be posted here or in the classifieds but I’m in the market for a Nice tri-pacer.

my mission has evolved a bit and I now have access to an experimental sport plane for acro and X/C but I still need something to put the family (3 of us) in. The 160 hp tri pacer fits that bill perfectly.

i am looking for a plane that doesn’t need to have anything except adsb put in as I am not looking for a project. IFR for training purposes is preferred.

if any of you know of such an example that is for sale or will be for sale please let me know.

thx!
    It should be in the classifieds but you will need to be a paying member to post there as that is an advantage to being a paying member. Details in the link below my signature

Post Thanks / Like

True IFR is going to be hard to comeby as the heated pitot, though it can be done, rarely IS done. With that said, I know there is at least one out there, if memory serves it's 5716D. Was my plane a few years back & had a GNC300XL & KN53 w/GS I never flew her in actual IMC, but I shot a lot of approaches with her. Makes finding an unfamiliar airport in the middle of metropolitan lights at night MUCH easier. By the way the STC for a heated pitot is free from a New York FSDO, I think it was Buffalo(?) that was managing that, but it has been a LONG time so don't quote me on it. However it is a fair amount of work to install and a fair amount of money in parts unless you are really good at scrounging...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    True IFR is going to be hard to comeby as the heated pitot, though it can be done, rarely IS done. With that said, I know there is at least one out there, if memory serves it's 5716D. Was my plane a few years back & had a GNC300XL & KN53 w/GS I never flew her in actual IMC, but I shot a lot of approaches with her. Makes finding an unfamiliar airport in the middle of metropolitan lights at night MUCH easier. By the way the STC for a heated pitot is free from a New York FSDO, I think it was Buffalo(?) that was managing that, but it has been a LONG time so don't quote me on it. However it is a fair amount of work to install and a fair amount of money in parts unless you are really good at scrounging...
    Thx. I don’t think I will fly often in IMC, certainly not that would need pitot heat. Punching through a low morning ceiling would be nice though.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this link. Might be about what you're looking for. It says sale pending but might be worth a look.

https://www.barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?id=1494556

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Duncan View Post
    Found this link. Might be about what you're looking for. It says sale pending but might be worth a look.

The guy in this thread just bought that one. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...0-for-purchase

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    The guy in this thread just bought that one. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...0-for-purchase
    does mid 70’s fabric count as ‘newish’ in terms of overall lifespan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Duncan View Post

I saw that one as well, but having owned a "few" PA2x in the last 16 years(all O-320's & 4 of them with B engine 160's) I don't think I can say any have been "SCARY FAST" Then again I guess it's all a matter of perspective, also being a Lancair & Twin Comanche driver, which suppose would also seem slow to a Jet driver(I still burn GASOLINE & haven't graduated to Kerosene). Different mission requirements...
    Last edited by doc; 08-15-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It might depend on a bunch of factors, time wise, of course not, but if it were done well & has been hangared in a reasonably temperature range since then, not frozen a bunch of times, or exposed to to much sun/heat, maybe, also what fabric process(guessing Ceconite?)?