Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB nice tri-pacer with 160HP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WTB nice tri-pacer with 160HP

Still on the hunt...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    It should be in the classifieds but you will need to be a paying member to post there as that is an advantage to being a paying member. Details in the link below my signature
    Want Ads should be posted in the classifieds.

Post Thanks / Like

Good reminder, Steve. I hadn’t realized my membership had lapsed. Fixed now!

DJ Balla, if I was Steve I’d lock this thread. There’s a classified ad section you can post in as a member.

But that depends on how hard you’re actually hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit conflicted on that concept. For sale ads have a financial incentive trying to sell something hence sure put it in a members only section, searching for a plane, not so much. Barnstormers would be a great example, to place an ad you have to pay but to potentially buy something there, anyone can see it. But again with all that said it's not my website, I don't make the rules just stating an opinion and we all know what those are like...

Post Thanks / Like

Got to pay to play. What’s another $25 on top of fuel, insurance, annual, etc. I am serious and I joined although I’m not sure that it’s is a different crowd in the “classifieds” vs the “saloon” sections.

Post Thanks / Like

Web hosting isn’t free. It cost money for software, hosting, and sever access. There are people on this site daily asking questions that evidently don’t understand that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You only need to be a member to post a want ad, anyone can view them. Want ads are suppose to delete after so much inactivity so as to save space on the server and not have things out there that are so old, sold etc. Only paying members can post a want ad. We did that as an incentive for people to become paying members. We are going to change over software in the not to distant future. The software we are using now has not kept up with the times and there is better stuff out there that allow us to do a lot of things better. We do invest time and money into this website and I do it because I enjoy it. It does get frustrating sometimes when you see people ask questions on a regular basis and they don't seem to feel that the information they gain here is worth $25 a year or so. I do greatly appreciate everyone who is a paying member and everyone who contributes their expertise as well. That is what makes me want to log on every morning to see what others are working on, flying, fixing etc. I have met so many great people because of this website, it is hard to believe we will be on the Internet 12 years in November. Thank you all for your support.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, twelve years! Thank you, Steve!