Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Becker Radios??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Becker Radios??

If you follow AC43-210A page 13 and 14 it becomes apparent to me since the radio is TSO’d it’s a log book entry.
    Especially since you are replacing a previously installed radio.

Post Thanks / Like

Whether you need the STC or not, it looks like all SWP models are covered in the AML expansion, items 78 & 79:
    https://www.trig-avionics.com/librar...35WI%20AML.pdf

Tom
    Last edited by 6PapaWhiskey; 08-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Trig has two TSO'd radios that are both for use in certified aircraft. One is the TY91, TSO approved 2 1/4" remote tuning head with seperate chassis mount radio.

The other is the TY96 which is also TSO approved, but it is the traditional 1.5"T by 6.25" rack radio.

I am trying to understand why TRIG has the approval for installing the TY96 under a STC but now one cares or wants to do a field approval for the TY91?

My original radio was the Bendix PATR 10 and it was installed under a 337 after the aircraft was delivered new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why would I need an STC to replace a radio? Is there a regulation requiring there be an STC? I though TSO'd was what we looked for and even some older radios are not TSO'd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Why would I need an STC to replace a radio? Is there a regulation requiring there be an STC? I though TSO'd was what we looked for and even some older radios are not TSO'd
    I think you misunderstand me.

In post # 8 you asked "why do you ask".

I just wanted to know how you did it. It wasn't meant to be a challenge or criticism. No judgements, just respect your perspective.

Still... don't get it why trig makes one an STC and the other radio not. http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgstc.nsf/0/e056391a97423db88625826e004a5d5f/$FILE/SA01835WI.pdf

Todd
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 08-16-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll have to ask them. I see it is a Peregrine STC which is the same US company they used to get their ADS-B STC for the TN-70. I will be interested to find out because I can not ever remember seeing an STC for a radio.