Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Superpacer 3023Z Under new Management

Post Thanks / Like

Default Superpacer 3023Z Under new Management

I'm sure some of you have seen 3023Z on E-Bay, it is sad but I hope it went to a good new home! Last April, my "partner" in the airplane was taking transition training at Benson AZ airport when he (they) lost control while landing and ground looped the plane. As far as ground loops go, it was fairly benign, with right gear, & right wing the only "Major" damage. I guess it is worth mentioning that all CFI's are not created equal, better find a high time Pacer qualified instructor if you find yourself needing some Pacer training.

So, insurance paid off, salvage company took possession & posted the aircraft as a "Project", so I hope that it does indeed get it's third or forth life as a really cool Pacer. Having said that, I do have a few things that are Pacer related that I'll get dusted off and posted for sale in the near future. I'm full time RVing and wont be back to the hanger till the end of the month.

If anyone hears of the new owner, let them know that I have 20 years of history with 3023Z and most of my build records that cover the 2006 - 2010 restoration.

Enjoy the Day

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Superpacer 3023Z Under new Management

John
    Sorry to hear that. I have fond Memories of following you and the SupePacer to the Ogden mud flats landing, the Spiral Jetty and the Golden Spike National Historic Site.
    Gilbert
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 08-21-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering where you've been John....so sad to hear about your plane, but happy to hear you are OK....Enjoy the RVing that's lots of fun too.

Post Thanks / Like

John sorry to have you go. Enjoy your travels.

Hope we meet again at Johnson Creek.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

John,

Did it sell this time around? I watched it on EB the first time maybe even 2 times, as well as on Barnstormers...

Dereck

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPacer View Post
    I'm sure some of you have seen 3023Z on E-Bay, it is sad but I hope it went to a good new home! Last April, my "partner" in the airplane was taking transition training at Benson AZ airport when he (they) lost control while landing and ground looped the plane. As far as ground loops go, it was fairly benign, with right gear, & right wing the only "Major" damage. I guess it is worth mentioning that all CFI's are not created equal, better find a high time Pacer qualified instructor if you find yourself needing some Pacer training.

So, insurance paid off, salvage company took possession & posted the aircraft as a "Project", so I hope that it does indeed get it's third or forth life as a really cool Pacer. Having said that, I do have a few things that are Pacer related that I'll get dusted off and posted for sale in the near future. I'm full time RVing and wont be back to the hanger till the end of the month.

If anyone hears of the new owner, let them know that I have 20 years of history with 3023Z and most of my build records that cover the 2006 - 2010 restoration.

Enjoy the Day

John

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that. It was one beautiful plane.

Paul
    Indianhills Airpark Salome, AZ

Post Thanks / Like

HI Dereck, It seems to be "available", still on E-Bay for sure. Actually, the damage is fairly limited, with wing spars & right gear damage. Still, man hours will be required! If I were younger, it would still be in my hanger, as the value is still there "sum of the parts" that I put into it during the restoration represents $$ invested. This is a good "project" if the "Buy it Now" price gets down to < $20K.

Enjoy the day,
    John

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Piper-...8AAOSwhBVdL5U5