Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: engine mounts for 0-360 engine ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: engine mounts for 0-360 engine ?

I will be missing the old pa-2 nose gear--- and added the tail wheel (maule) at the back end. So a bit extra
    weight on the nose might be OK ? (the W+B hasn't been done since the conversion-from 22 to 20)
    It came with a sensanitch aluminum prop--- (from the o-290) but I havnt looked up to see it is certified for a o-360
    version. Also I have not gotten the prop shop to inspect it yet... It has a fairly big area on the leading edge that's been
    blended out--- don't know if that will pass--- but its nice everywhere else. I will magneflux the bore just for fun at some point.
    Tim

Will be on the lookout for used engines - like everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

the O-360 cannot use the props from the O-290 and O-320's
    I believe there is only one Sensenich aluminum model that will fit the O-360.
    Sensenich prop for O-360 is 76EM8, uses 1/2 inch bolts vs 3/8 or 7/16.
    Last edited by andya; 09-18-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added info
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

What's your mission? If your doing short/soft field work; go this way:
    http://svennsaviation.com/stcs/mccau...r-with-180-hp/

Or if you can get it field approved, a pawnee prop does amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

JP and andy
    Havnt really considered mission yet---- BUT----
    I live in florida now but moving to tn. mountains. My plane has the 12 rib wing so I wont get any speed increases--
    so increased climb is the only other alternative. (I like climb performance--)
    If I will be in the mountains - or at least nearby---- extra climb would seem to be a good thing.

The prop that cam with it is a M74DM pitch 55. It had a o-290 on it so I guess that was the prop for it but I havnt checked that ---

Prop selection is one of the last things-- and down the road a ways yet. I think it more likely I will find a 320 than a 360
    just because good used 360's seem to be in so much demand---- but I would take one if I could find one reasonable.
    All the engines on-line (or at least majority anyway) seem to be being re-sold by brokers or surplus dealers so they add their markup---- hard to find something that isn't in outer space----- but I will be watching out ---- maybe word of mouth might be more effective...…
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth is definitely the way to go. Ask around, I found one (in need of overhaul) that I was able to get for the cost of having a crank yellow tagged (around $500)!

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app