Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Test

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Does anyone see a link under my signature about becoming a member of ShortWingPipers.org? I have been told it is no longer there but shows up to me.
    takes me to a join or renewal page
    Last edited by andya; 09-17-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: mistaken reply
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Does anyone see a link under my signature about becoming a member of ShortWingPipers.org? I have been told it is no longer there but shows up to me.
    I see the link below your signature: Support Short Wing Pipers.org- Click Here To Find Out More.
    I behaves in two different ways, depending if you are logged into the site or not.

I was looking via my work computer which has restrictions on cookies so I was not logged in at first.
    Before I logged in, clicking it takes me here: http://www.shortwingpipers.org/rapidjoin/login.php
    After I logged in, clicking it takes me here: http://www.shortwingpipers.org/rapidjoin/rapid_join.php
    At that page I see my upcoming renewal date in a week. Very sneaky of you Steve!
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

I see it on my Mac... link opens up a new tab for me titled "rapid Join", with a review of my current membership standing and expiration date and a click to renew button available.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

I end up at the renewal page as well.....seems to work for most members

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Attachment 15670This is how it shows for me.
    Interesting, what server are you using Jim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deandayton View Post
    Yes, but the link takes you to a login page
    That is correct. It goes to a login page if you are not logged in, and then to the renewal page once you are logged in. So everybody is right!

sj

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sj View Post
    That is correct. It goes to a login page if you are not logged in, and then to the renewal page once you are logged in. So everybody is right!

sj
    Any idea why Jim doesn't see it at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

I just checked three of my toys, the sig shows on the Win 10 laptop but not on my daily users, an old Kindle and LG 41c phone. I'll see if it shows on the shops tv box sometime today.

I wouldn't spend time looking for why it doesn't show for me with others working. Me and my stuff will eventually all become less than useful and expire. My work related and favorite box here at home is running Win 2000, the best of all in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi guys,

I just checked three of my toys, the sig shows on the Win 10 laptop but not on my daily users, an old Kindle and LG 41c phone. I'll see if it shows on the shops tv box sometime today.

I wouldn't spend time looking for why it doesn't show for me with others working. Me and my stuff will eventually all become less than useful and expire. My work related and favorite box here at home is running Win 2000, the best of all in my opinion.
    Are you logged in on those devices that it does not show up on?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,

Yes, I never log out intentionally. As I wrote, some of my things are old. My Win 2000 can't do http with an s anymore.

Hi again,

What I've now noticed is my signature file, and yours, shows in my shop running Android 9 on a dsl tv box. (Not normally signed in out there) I turned my signature file off months ago and it's not showing right now on the Kindle or my LG phone. Sometime later, maybe this evening, I'll be turning off my sig file again.

All fixed!

I dee ten T error evidently. Back when I clicked in my settings to no longer show my signature file, the option is really show any sig files, so I'd actually turned them all off, including yours. Sorry for my wasting Steve and Steves time this way.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Jim; 09-18-2019 at 11:24 AM.