Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1956 PA-22-150 Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1956 PA-22-150 Project

I bought this from a friend last year who had disassembled the airplane in the early 90's for new fabric. The project stalled and it sat in his barn up until this past Fall. Another good friend that is an IA volunteered to help me put it back together. He recently had a stroke and won't be able help. Which is why I'm selling it.

What you get.

Airframe - Airframe is stripped to bare metal. I believe most parts are present for rebuild (most parts have been stripped of paint). Complete log books and a current registration. Wings are still covered. Does not have struts. I purchased several STC's (fuel lines, sun roof). Landing gear, sheet metal, control cables are all present.

Engine- Lycoming O-320 (no suffix) 150hp has been disassemble and boxed for shipping. Bearings looked fine.

Prop- Comes with a serviceable prop.

Bonus Airframe- comes with a second airframe that was wrecked. It's in poor condition, but has many usable parts.

Located in Beaver Falls, PA (western PA)

Asking $6,000 for everything. I bought a stainless steel firewall that I'll include if you don't beat me up on the asking price.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1956 PA-22-150 Project

A bit too far away, besides I'm kind of being pissed about airplanes, right now. Been looking for a Clipper(for quite a while) that isn't a total basket case missing half the parts & just got beat to the punch somehow on one that was at least within a weekends driving range...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    A bit too far away, besides I'm kind of being pissed about airplanes, right now. Been looking for a Clipper(for quite a while) that isn't a total basket case missing half the parts & just got beat to the punch somehow on one that was at least within a weekends driving range...
    https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...Needs-Assembly

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Clipper for sale in the Oct,Nov,Dec 2019 issue of the SWPC News. I talked to the owner in June. Believe it is in annual.
    Asking 18k

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gilbert, I'll try and look into it, I don't get the SWPC anymore though

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    There is a Clipper for sale in the Oct,Nov,Dec 2019 issue of the SWPC News. I talked to the owner in June. Believe it is in annual.
    Asking 18k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Thanks Gilbert, I'll try and look into it, I don't get the SWPC anymore though
    bckendrick@upperspace.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll try and reach out to them. I did try looking on the SWPC website under classifieds, only one I found was the one I got beat out on because I couldn't get a response back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post

Post Thanks / Like

The airplane is in Vinita,OK, The owner is in Pryor.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Westilot,
    i sent you a PM
    ken Moeller

Post Thanks / Like

Update 10/31/2020

PA 22-150 TRI PACER PROJECT • $5,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE • 1956 Piper PA22-150 Project Includes airframe (repaired and primed), interior (seats need recovered), radios(older), new stainless steel firewall, log books, stc for skylight and trimmer fuel, current registration. Plane was stripped for recover in early 1990's. Includes an extra wrecked airframe for parts/pattern. Engine is an O-320 no suffix narrow deck with the small valves. Engine has been broken down and is ready for inspection. Propeller repitched from 56" to 59". Not interested in shipping this. Pick up only. • Contact David Larson , Owner - located Beaver, PA United States • Telephone: 412-378-0990 IMG_1037 (1).jpegIMG_1041.jpegIMG_1039.jpegIMG_0493.jpegIMG_0491.jpegIMG_0530.jpegIMG_1040.jpegIMG_1043.jpegIMG_1047.jpegIMG_0495.jpeg