Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove old glue and grit from floor pans

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Remove old glue and grit from floor pans

Charcoal Starter Fluid. Which is Kerosene I think

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with dgapilot. I worked in the aircraft interior business for 10 years. Sometimes it takes more money in time and chemicals than to start out with new. Old yellow glue is the worst. Just my two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

when Brian (Steve's Aircraft) did my recover, when he got to the floor pans, he said it would take less time to make new vs
    try and clean up the old ones. They had glue on them that I could never get off when I was sniffing MEK.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andya View Post
    when Brian (Steve's Aircraft) did my recover, when he got to the floor pans, he said it would take less time to make new vs
    try and clean up the old ones. They had glue on them that I could never get off when I was sniffing MEK.
    Truth... whacked out a new set in less than an hour... also fixed a bunch of issues at the same time doing it... sprayed the back side of the floors with spray on bed liner to keep them from rattling too much...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevesaircraft(Bri) View Post
    Truth... whacked out a new set in less than an hour... also fixed a bunch of issues at the same time doing it... sprayed the back side of the floors with spray on bed liner to keep them from rattling too much...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. This is 100% what I have discovered too. At this point I basically have knocked off the loose stuff and called it a day. New pans might not be a bad idea though.

thanks for the info!