Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Bungees on a Bushmaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bungees on a Bushmaster

I'm putting my bushmaster on wheels for the first time. I'll be using the Univar wide gear, and I'm wondering if Airwrench or others have experience with what bungees work well for this installation.

I'm also planning on putting on bushwheels, and thinking either 26's or 29's would be good. Any pros/cons on that question would be appreciated too!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bungees on a Bushmaster

The bigger the Bushwheel the softer the ride. The side wall is taller thus taking more shock. Depends on your mission I guess. Also concider prop clearance from sand and gravel. The further the prop is from sand and gravel the better.

Post Thanks / Like

We went with the 31" Bushwheels and they sure land nice and soft. Figured they have a little larger footprint than the 29" do and not much more drag in flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked with Eddie Trimmer? Or Steve Bryant? Either of them should be able to point you in the right direction for the bungees.

Post Thanks / Like

I would put two 1280HD cords on each hydrasorb.. on the converted 22/20 Pacer I usually do one 1080HD and one 1280HD, figure the small amount of extra strains on the Bushmaster would need the extra capacity with the 1280’s... I would also look into some type of safety cable system in case you have one break on you...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have 29's on my Bushmaster and kept my 1280hd and 1080hd bungees. My BM was only 80 pounds more than my Pacer. I don't like bungees being overly stiff.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."