Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wag Aero Wagabond vs Sportsman 2+2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wag Aero Wagabond vs Sportsman 2+2

There was a PA-15 for sale in northeast Ohio recently, try www.bobessellairshows.com to see if it is still for sale. That is what the basic Wag-A-Bond design came from.
    I am building a Wag-A-Bond slowly but surely.

Post Thanks / Like

My project is basically a Wagabond stretched to the length of a pacer with pacer wings stretched 18 inches. My fuselage has also been widened at the panel and shoulders 4.5 inches. Overall I will have the same length and wingspan as a pacer with the extended tips but my flaps are extended and the ailerons pushed out to the end of the square wing tips. With the enlarged baggage door on the right side and 6 foot of baggage area it should fit my mission well.
    Last edited by SClow303; 12-17-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SClow303 View Post
    My project is basically a Wagabond stretched to the length of a pacer with pacer wings stretched 18 inches. My fuselage has also been widened at the panel and shoulders 4.5 inches. Overall I will have the same length and wingspan as a pacer with the extended tips but my flaps are extended and the ailerons pushed out to the end of the square wing tips. With the enlarged baggage door on the right side and 6 foot of baggage area it should fit my mission well.
    What is the status of your project? It sounds interesting.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I a finally back on track with it. I went through a divorce starting one year ago this month after finding that my wife was having an affair..... it took a lot of my steam away. Currently I need to wire the engine monitor and panel then it’s ready for final rigging. Gas lines are are all ran but I want to mount a fuel flow transducer. I will make an update with the most recent pics on my thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to your update and glad you are getting back to on track. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Another option for side by side:

https://bearhawkaircraft.com/bearhaw...awk-companion/

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to bring up a necro-post, but I've been considering a slightly stretched Wagabond with longer wings as well.I'm intending to stay LSA, so weight is even more an issue.I'm considering either a lightweight PA-11 with PA-18 features (but no flaps) or a slightly stretched Wagabond. The main attraction to a Vagabond clone for me is the simplified fuselage design (and the side by side seating), which I believe would be stronger for the weight. Interested in others' thoughts on this.

Post Thanks / Like

If I wanted to improve the STOL of the Wagabond Traveler how much would I have to extend the wings? If I extend the wings how much longer would I have to make the fuselage? Is there any type of formula you use that says if you extend wings this much you lengthen fuselage this much? How could I get the Traveler to be more of a STOL aircraft instead of a cross country aircraft? I have to keep it in the LSA category for the present time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy49 View Post
    If I wanted to improve the STOL of the Wagabond Traveler how much would I have to extend the wings? If I extend the wings how much longer would I have to make the fuselage? Is there any type of formula you use that says if you extend wings this much you lengthen fuselage this much? How could I get the Traveler to be more of a STOL aircraft instead of a cross country aircraft? I have to keep it in the LSA category for the present time.
    The Super Pacer adds 6 feet of wing span and 22.5 inches to the fuselage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Not trying to bring up a necro-post, but I've been considering a slightly stretched Wagabond with longer wings as well.I'm intending to stay LSA, so weight is even more an issue.I'm considering either a lightweight PA-11 with PA-18 features (but no flaps) or a slightly stretched Wagabond. The main attraction to a Vagabond clone for me is the simplified fuselage design (and the side by side seating), which I believe would be stronger for the weight. Interested in others' thoughts on this.
    Sounds like an excellent plan. Any added wing surface area will lower the approach and stall speeds. Lengthening the fuselage like increase stability during cruise. When I converted my Pacer to a Bushmaster I gained about 80 pounds.