Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Float Takeoff Trim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Float Takeoff Trim

Quote Originally Posted by 1958pacer View Post
    sweet looking ride!

ive seen the red bottoms here and there, there is a Upik legend out in western ak about a lake monster that a attacks red.

Snow is waist deep on the Talkeena Village strip... You have skis for your ride? I run three airglass 2000s on mine.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like port Alsworth on a sunny day, seems the summer is always nice there when the east pass is plugged and it's raining coho in the Bristol bay.

ive seen your bird around Hood but hadn't noticed it was a pacer variant.

you have skis? Come up to Talkeeta my place is on the south end of the strip right across road from the black Tripacer.

Or land wheels on the state strip

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Looks like port Alsworth on a sunny day, seems the summer is always nice there when the east pass is plugged and it's raining coho in the Bristol bay.

you have skis? Come up to Talkeeta my place is on the south end of the strip right across road from the black Tripacer.

Rocket
    Hey Rocket,
    I would love to come up there but way to far for me. Yes, I have skis but only got them on last week.
    You float response was so helpful. I can’t wait to put some of ur advice into practice. Ski season here in the Toronto area is pretty short, not cause we don’t have winter just that it’s not reliable ski weather. One day you can go flying cause the wether is good but no snow on the runway, the next day u have snow but the weather is no good. Late February and March are the weeks for skis.
    if u think of anything else for us newbs feel free to educate us all.
    Thanks again
    paul

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket
    Hey Rocket,
    Yea, that's Port Alsworth last summer. I was on my way out to Tickchik Lake. It was a great trip, and my first time out there. We had the good fortune to have beautiful weather the whole time.
    I'm on floats right now, but working on getting moved over to wheels. It's a process, as this plane has never been on wheels since the bushmaster conversion. Sounds like a visit to Talkeetna is in order once I can start flying again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1958pacer View Post
    Hey Rocket,
    I would love to come up there but way to far for me. Yes, I have skis but only got them on last week.
    You float response was so helpful. I can’t wait to put some of ur advice into practice. Ski season here in the Toronto area is pretty short, not cause we don’t have winter just that it’s not reliable ski weather. One day you can go flying cause the wether is good but no snow on the runway, the next day u have snow but the weather is no good. Late February and March are the weeks for skis.
    if u think of anything else for us newbs feel free to educate us all.
    Thanks again
    paul
    Photos or it didn't happen

My motor has some ground up metal in it so I'm haveing to exest vicariously through all the other SWP pilots until I scrape up enough AMU's to get her back in action.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scotthayd View Post
    Hey Rocket,
    Yea, that's Port Alsworth last summer. I was on my way out to Tickchik Lake. It was a great trip, and my first time out there. We had the good fortune to have beautiful weather the whole time.
    I'm on floats right now, but working on getting moved over to wheels. It's a process, as this plane has never been on wheels since the bushmaster conversion. Sounds like a visit to Talkeetna is in order once I can start flying again.
    Roger that! Text me if you come up for a village strip pirep or a ride from the big runway.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Roger that! Text me if you come up for a village strip pirep or a ride from the big runway.
    Thanks Rocket. Hopefully before summer!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It’s float eve! Don’t think I will sleep tonite.

Post Thanks / Like

Be cautious!

I've done most of my stupid float flying tricks on my first flight or first few days. Seems I smack a couple in trying to land like I'm on wheels.

Need to to carry a tech more power and smoooothly get her on the water.

beware the down wind landing, our short coupled birds are unforgiving on floats and the few times I've done it I felt luck had more to do with preventing a water loop then my fast rudder footwork. Always jagged to the left abruptly and full right rudder to the firewall is essential then off it just as quick as she jagges the other way.

super jelouse of you though. I'm laying here with a crushed foot grooving on pain meds that ain't really getting it today...

rocket