Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dented Ailerons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dented Ailerons

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi again,

Once again, I possibly jumped in with some worthless info. After re-reading the post, I now see the aileron is covered, I didn't notice that initially. Maybe just glueing on a glue stick to lift a little while tapping will help, maybe not. Cheap to find out but perhaps won't be of much help after all.
    Not worthless, I learned a new technique.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dented Ailerons

What Steve said...use a slapper. Practice on something similar first... the slapper doesn’t have mass behind the strike like a ham-damner. Easy taps...and hold the slapper like it’s a dum stick...that way you can’t put allot of force into the metal....sneak up on it. If a low spot exists after removing the high area.....glue a dollar patch of appropriate size...shrink just enough to hide the remaining dent....
    When I stripped my wings...the leading edges on both ailerons and flaps had multiple dents...couldn’t tell they were there until pulling the fabric. I also found illegal rib repairs too...so... my half arseness side is saying....dollar patch good.. illegal repair...no goot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro