Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tri pacer shop/mechanic needed in SF Bay Area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tri pacer shop/mechanic needed in SF Bay Area

I remember that Album!

As someone who does pre-buy inspections, and I have been told many a time that it was too much money. Last one we did Cost $500. + fuel, but it was for a $90k 182. Small price to pay for a $90k investment. For that money went through all the log books and paperwork to make sure it is all in compliance. Next check to see that all AD's have been complied with. Then a complete inspection of the aircraft, which will also consist of flying the aircraft, testing all instrumentation, radios, ELT, both clean and dirty stalls, and maybe a couple T&G. Pull the cowling back off, do a compression check and bore check. check for any leaks and anything else that might of changed during the previous inspection. Then with that information I make my pre-buy analysis and report back to the buyer. The seller in this case was a NTSB inspector so no problems were found. 2 weeks later we flew this plane home and did another complete inspection or Annual and the buyer can't be any happier.

In this case we were lucky due to the fact that the seller didn't want to be a part of the inspection, and it was at his house. Most of the time this doesn't happen. Most seller's are really super skeptical of you, and really don't want you touching that airplane, let alone say something bad of their pride and joy. Doing pre-buy inspections is more than just kicking a few tires, and being a mechanic. You also have to know how to deal with people. They are the one's to tell you the true story, you just have to be able to get them to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you do the pre-buy on 8691D?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    Did you do the pre-buy on 8691D?
    No I or we did not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you post pictures of the issues?