Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: FS: 1958 Pacer PA-22/20 160hp

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: 1958 Pacer PA-22/20 160hp

The time has come to pass along my Pacer to new hands. My family and I have outgrown the Pacer, unfortunately. Now that there are four of us, two of which are rapidly growing, we need more space. So I have decided to sell her.

1958 PA-22 converted using STC SA45RM
    160hp O-320-B2A with approximately 550 hours SMOH.
    Over 800lbs useful load.
    Total time is just over 3000 hours.
    Propeller: 7456.
    Oil Filter Adapter.
    8.50 Desser smooth tires.
    Single puck disc brakes.
    Vortex generators.
    Plane Booster wing tips.
    No vacuum system.
    Garmin Aera 660 in dock in panel.
    iPad mini mount on panel.
    Shoulder harnesses.
    All paperwork is in place.
    Hangared all the time I've had it and for as long as I can trace back.
    In annual until the end of July 2020.

IMG_1432.jpegIMG_1429.jpegIMG_1433.jpegIMG_1430.jpegIMG_1431.jpegIMG_1428.jpegIMG_1434.jpegIMG_1435.jpeg

This has been an incredibly fun and useful airplane for us. I've kept it in good shape with thorough annuals, improving or adding something at each one. Fabric and paint are older, though perfectly serviceable. My mechanic reports the flaws in the paint could be rejuvenated but I have never felt the need to worry about it. I can't see the paint from inside! Engine is strong and the plane always surprises me when flying with just two of us and camping gear with the STOL performance. I bought her immediately after receiving my PPL and tailwheel endorsement and have always felt that she has been a docile taildragger without bad tendencies as I've heard Pacers can be notorious for, though my instructor was a big stick and rudder guy so I did learn to use my feet early on. I'm sure there are important details I may be leaving out so reach out if there are any specific questions. Asking $30k.

Call, text, or email is fine. I often can't answer the phone, but I'll call you back. PM me for my contact info. We are located in Coeur d'Alene, ID at KCOE.
    Last edited by mrpants; 11-25-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FS: 1958 Pacer PA-22/20 160hp

Sale Pending

Post Thanks / Like

Nice airplane...!

- Vern

Post Thanks / Like

Plane is sold and off to the new owner.